Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Switzerland v England

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not much interest on here, it seems.

I'm not even going to be able to watch it, which is a blessing if the ten minutes of the Norway game I caught is anything to go by.

Anyway, I predict Swiss domination, a glorious England chance wasted, and ultimately a narrow 1-0 loss.

The knives are out for Hodgson but I maintain he really can't be expected to polish a turd.

And I've noticed there is a "Henderson injury scare". So I presume his injury has cleared up and he'll have to play.
*budoom tish* I'm here all week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An ASTONISHING level of apathy that has engulfed our National team, reflected by the fact that this is the first thread I've seen on it. Not even our resident cheerleader [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] has seen fit to post a rallying thread and a call to arms for us to get behind Roys Boys tonight, which is a shocking state of affairs.

Like most others I swerved the Snoreway game last week, but as this is a qualifier, I feel duty-bound to tune in and watch the torpid inertia unfold, as we grind our way to a stupifying draw. Obviously its almost impossible not to qualify from this group, so even if we get turned over tonight, it matters not a jot.

I can see a scrambled 1-1, and an increasingly narky Hodgson telling everyone in the press conference to DO one. That'll be more entertaining than the game, I'll wager.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Its actually quite sad that on the evening of an England qualifier, I'm more interested in trying to think of my 5 favourite singles from the 80s.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was once dead keen on England. Today, at lunchtime, I thought about the match for oh, all of five seconds or so and then devoted ten pleasant minutes ridiculing Leeds to the our resident Mighty Leeds Champions Of Europe fan. Forgot about England but now you've just reminded me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
oh is it football tonight? Excellent. Come on you white wonders.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm looking forward to seeing Switzerland play - I've never seen Shaqiri have a bad game - and also Raheem Sterling.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be watching because I'm a 46 year-old slightly overweight white Anglo-Saxon male too bound by history, tradition and habit to do anything else.

I have to say - and mindful that this is a "meaningful" qualifier not a friendly - I've looked forward to all of the England test matches, all of the Formula 1 Grand Prix and all of England's Rugby Union internationals this year much more eagerly than tonight's match.

I heard Adrian Bevington on the radio this morning seemingly suggesting that Wembley prices might need to decrease in order to bump up attendances and create some atmosphere. Well no shit Sherlock, there's clearly a split in the FA's thinking on this, throw in the current story about the lack of black managers and you've got an organisation stuck in the past.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'll be watching because I'm a 46 year-old slightly overweight white Anglo-Saxon male too bound by history, tradition and habit to do anything else.

I have to say - and mindful that this is a "meaningful" qualifier not a friendly - I've looked forward to all of the England test matches, all of the Formula 1 Grand Prix and all of England's Rugby Union internationals this year much more eagerly than tonight's match.

I heard Adrian Bevington on the radio this morning seemingly suggesting that Wembley prices might need to decrease in order to bump up attendances and create some atmosphere. Well no shit Sherlock, there's clearly a split in the FA's thinking on this, throw in the current story about the lack of black managers and you've got an organisation stuck in the past.
What makes you think the FA have anything to do with who is appointed as a manager at a premier or league team?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have lost so much of the passion I used to have for England. We just don't appear to have any massive characters or personalities (good ones) anymore. I used to love it but now feel I am watching a nation completely foreign to me.

I will, however, tune in and clap the goals whichever side they are scored by and then go to bed completely unaffected by the result

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sad to say I don't really care, enough to post on this thread but not to watch :down:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think it will be a surprisingly exciting game, end to end stuff, with more than the 2.3 goals the bookies think.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Shall I watch it on TV? Can't be arsed. Shall I listen to it on the radio? Can't be arsed. Shall I watch it for the GUARANTEED Joe Hart 'fumble the ball over the line' howler, purely for the humour to be derived from it? Sadly, even that doesn't appeal anymore. Ho hum...

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'll watch it but, having just seen the team sheet, Celebrity Big Brother might tempt me after half time.

Would like to see a bit of ATTACK ATTACK as we're being told it's not a must win game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pundits reckon that Wilshere will play at the back of a diamond. A position that he has never played in, club or country.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here