Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your LEAST favourite band of the 80's

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For me it's The Thomson Twins. Think it was the stupid hat of their female member and the drudgery of the songs, whilst being NME darlings.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
For me it's The Thomson Twins. Think it was the stupid hat of their female member and the drudgery of the songs, whilst being NME darlings.

I saw Thompson Twins live a few times in the early 80s when there were still 8 in the band and they were very good. Their problems began when all the 5 talented ones left.

Similar story with The Human League.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I saw Thompson Twins live a few times in the early 80s when there were still 8 in the band and they were very good. Their problems began when all the 5 talented ones left.

Similar story with The Human League.

You're probably right, did the five who left form another band? Heaven 17 for a while were amazing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I do think Queen are quite overrated.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
You're probably right, did the five who left form another band? Heaven 17 for a while were amazing.

Think they all went their own ways and faded into obscurity. Although Wikipedia has just informed me that the drummer ended up in Spear of Destiny for a short while...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So many to choose from, so little time. The 80s were completely divisive for me. On the one hand you had the six bands I named on the other thread and, honestly, I'd barely started with favourite 80s bands. Then there was some hideous, hideous cheese, some awful Thatcherite posing and that greatest of oxymorons "Soft Rock".

If I was going to have to pick one it would have to be Culture Club, whiny overproduced pop crap that was on the radio every two minutes until you'd wake up singing it and end up with the urge to purge your brain with a large hockey stick. However this is only because Phil Collins isn't a band and Chicago aren't English.

The 80s - the tasteful decade that taste forgot.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
MODERN ROMANCE,HAIRCUT 100,

To be fair Guinness Boy is correct.....whiny overproduced pop crap....

However it is the decade that gave us the Jam, the smiths, joy division/new order and for that I am truly thankful.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
MODERN ROMANCE,HAIRCUT 100,

To be fair Guinness Boy is correct.....whiny overproduced pop crap....

However it is the decade that gave us the Jam, the smiths, joy division/new order and for that I am truly thankful.

I love the Jam, the smiths, joy division/new order, AND one of my favourite songs of all time is FANTASTIC DAY....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I love the Jam, the smiths, joy division/new order, AND one of my favourite songs of all time is FANTASTIC DAY....

I like that song too, but Nick Heyward's dress sense spawned thousands of drippy cardigan/loafer combos which were an abomination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here