perry-080914-l229-1902972_478x359.jpg

Sophie Perry
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
13:01 8th September 2014
by James Hilsum
For me personally, it’s just nice to be back playing for Brighton."
Sophie Perry

Republic of Ireland international Sophie Perry has returned to Brighton & Hove Albion women from Millwall Lionesses and made her debut in yesterday’s 2-0 defeat to Portsmouth.And the defender expressed her delight at returning to the club after a spell with the Londoners in Women's Super League 2.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I work at a secondary school in Brighton, so the commitment and travelling to Millwall was quite demanding. I heard a lot about Brighton and that they had a new-look side and were doing very well. I came down to see what it was like and it just went from there.
“I’ve been to a few training sessions now and the girls and James [Marrs] have been very welcoming. There’s not a lot to complain about and I’m fitting in nicely.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Perry did not make the best of starts to her latest spell at the club, after a 2-0 defeat at home to Portsmouth yesterday, but insists there are still many positives to take from the game going into the rest of the season.“It’s not the result that we wanted. The team has started off really well with two wins already, so it was really disappointing that we couldn’t carry on that momentum.
“At the beginning of the game we had a lot of chances on goal and I think we need to improve in the final third because that’s where we’re going to kill off teams.
“We’ve got some very good attacking players in the team so we’re very capable of scoring goals, it is just about having more composure.
“For me personally, it’s just nice to be back playing for Brighton.”
The 27-year-old will miss next week’s game at Plymouth as she turns her attentions back to Ireland, after being called up by Sue Ronan for the side’s two upcoming World Cup qualifiers away at Slovakia next Saturday (13th September) and Germany on Wednesday 17th September.
“They'll be two tough games and we need to win both of them to be in contention for the play-off position.
“That's what I'm focussing on now, but I hope Brighton can bounce back in my absence and get the three points on Sunday.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h] saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h] TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h] saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here