Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asda Car Park Fine (Brighton Marina)... Any Tips?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
I know, should have read the signs etc

i have got a £40 fine for parking at the Asda car park (right by the cinema walk through tunnel) for 3hrs 55mins

took the kids to see a film + pizza hut on the very wet bank holiday monday

any tips how to wriggle out of paying ?

or just suck it up

D

Deleted member 18477

Suck it up. You parked in the wrong car park...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

i have got a £40 fine for parking at the Asda car park (right by the cinema walk through tunnel) for 3hrs 55mins

or just suck it up

That's where I park are you not allowed to?

SAC

May 21, 2014
I believe I'm correct in stating that private companies can not fine you for parking on private property. Check the wording on the "parking ticket".

D

Deleted member 18477

That's where I park are you not allowed to?

You can if you use Asda.. It probably has a 2 hour limit or something which is more than enough time to do a shop.

For anything else you should use the FREE marina car park.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Wasn't there some thing on here before about how the company enforcing the tickets has no legal rights?

Might not be true, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Anyway, my advice is ALWAYS appeal, that way you at least get your money's worth and they can only say no!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

or just suck it up

It's NOT a fine !!!!!!!!!!!!

Google "MSE Asda parking ticket" and read the thread at the top of the parking forum called "NEWBIES - read this first".

You want to wait for the Notice to Keeper ( if it was an ANPR ticket you will already have this ). Then use the template in the said Newbies thread.

You should NEVER pay these unlawful invoices but nor should you ignore them.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013

or just suck it up

This is a civil parking fine. The fine is payable by the driver of the car at the time of the parking offence. The company send the fine to the owner of the car.
The only loophole as such is that if the driver wasn't the registered owner the registered owner is not liable for the fine and doesn't have to give the identity of the driver.
They will chase you and chase you. The above is your only way out. If you are the driver and owner you are stuffed

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Suck it up. You parked in the wrong car park...

This is a civil parking fine. The fine is payable by the driver of the car at the time of the parking offence. The company send the fine to the owner of the car.
The only loophole as such is that if the driver wasn't the registered owner the registered owner is not liable for the fine and doesn't have to give the identity of the driver.
They will chase you and chase you. The above is your only way out. If you are the driver and owner you are stuffed

No your not. You appeal as the RK and if that fails ( which is often ) you use POPLA to get it cancelled. If you use the forums I can GUARANTEE it will get cancelled at POPLA.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why didn't you park in the Marina car park? It's free.

captain_hindsight_announcements-r5fbb9d93f1e548fa8a7e61cac7ed99a6_imtzy_8byvr_512.jpg

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
No your not. You appeal as the RK and if that fails ( which is often ) you use POPLA to get it cancelled. If you use the forums I can GUARANTEE it will get cancelled at POPLA.

You cannot guarantee it. I have seen many appeals fail. The way out I have described is the only guaranteed way. It shouldn't be abused as CCTV will identify people who claim they weren't driving when they were.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You cannot guarantee it. I have seen many appeals fail. The way out I have described is the only guaranteed way. It shouldn't be abused as CCTV will identify people who claim they weren't driving when they were.

It's an invoice not a fine. Only councils and police can issue fines.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You can if you use Asda.. It probably has a 2 hour limit or something which is more than enough time to do a shop.

For anything else you should use the FREE marina car park.

Thank you for the thumbs down. I take it you're quite happy to pay companies that break fundamental contract law ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be honest £40 isn't much more than the greens would have charged you for street parking anyway. I'd pay the fine and forget it, life's too short.

Equally, bung [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] a couple of bob and let him sort it out for you.

:thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

I can actually - I've written dozens of POPLA appeals ( all won ) and MSE has a 100% record when the POPLA examples are used ( barring a small handful very early on when we were testing the system ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here