Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive Spiders at home walking about like they own the place

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I've heard that Spiders don't like conkers and this is one way to keep them out; anyone tried this?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our cat is superb at getting rid of flies and other assorted flying bugs, however spiders don't usually move fast enough for her to be that fussed.

I've heard that Spiders don't like conkers and this is one way to keep them out; anyone tried this?

Yes I've heard this from my wife who heard it from her mother etc,, in fact every corner of every room in my house has a conker in ready to scare any 8 legged git that enters.

It doesn't work.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yesterday I saw a massive bumble trying to go into a hole in the roof soffits at the rear of our house, then an even massiver (sic) spider come out of the hole and run after it. I'd never seen a spider chase a bee before.

There are ridiculous numbers of spiders about this year, with false widows everywhere. Disgusting things.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Conkers are a myth.

My mrs decided to get some last year and put them into every corner of the room. a month or so later i came home from work to find which i can only describe as a spider on steriods to be sitting on top of a conker ruling the kitchen.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yes I've heard this from my wife who heard it from her mother etc,, in fact every corner of every room in my house has a conker in ready to scare any 8 legged git that enters.

It doesn't work.

:rant:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Isn't placing conkers around the place a bit passive aggressive?

You should deal with this head on.

Talk to them.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I read on some conspiracy website that a cup and paper will enable you to teleport the spider into the front or back garden. Crazy!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here