Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The medical profession are amazing

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
My mum had a massive bleed on the brain on Friday and was rushed to Eastbourne DGH, and she is now at Hayward heath.

I really didn't realise how incredibly these people are.

If you are in the medical profession I genuinely bow to your professionalism, you are amazing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I work at PRH Haywards Heath, not in a medical role, however the people in HWP where your Mum would be are amazing.

That facility will soon be moving to RSCH, and eventaully into a brand new first class facility.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
RSCH seem to have sorted my bowel cancer very eficiently, so I'm v.happy with medics at the moment. In fact
I am most of he time, I have to see enough of them, there are very few I would class as being bad.

In fact I'm sitting in RSCH now as I type this, hooked up to a dialysis machine for 4 hours.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I work at PRH Haywards Heath, not in a medical role, however the people in HWP where your Mum would be are amazing.

That facility will soon be moving to RSCH, and eventaully into a brand new first class facility.

HWP looks really old school as a building inside and out but the equipment and people are first class. So very impressive

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Totally agree.......am off work recovering from pulmonary endarterectomy surgery performed at Papworth, truly amazing staff and they've saved my life....what more can I say, NHS are superb !

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Totally agree with most of the above.

For serious, life-threatening issues the NHS cannot be beaten. The quality, dedication and professionalism of the medical personnel really shines through.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My mum had a massive bleed on the brain on Friday and was rushed to Eastbourne DGH, and she is now at Hayward heath.

I really didn't realise how incredibly these people are.

If you are in the medical profession I genuinely bow to your professionalism, you are amazing.
they are great at Haywards Heath PHR just had my plaster changed from a white one to Blue one! Hope your mum doing well. A few years ago we had a campaign to save the PRH.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
My mother worked as a sister on HWP for many years before changing roles in January. The building itself is very outdated and it looks like they will be moving the facility to Brighton in the near future. Not sure if it's the right decision really.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As usual with the NHS, when you ACTUALLY need it, it's fantastic and worth every penny.

I'm sure we all have stories about lives saved, dedication, and emergency care.

Sadly for the NHS it also has to put up with 'what do I pay my taxes for? it took them 3 hours to get the splinter out of my little pinky'.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hope the OP's mum is doing well.

Another vote from the NHS from me. Saved my dad's life 2 years ago (made me miss the Chelsea friendly, tsk) incredible professionals.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Similar story here - Mum had a bad stroke last year, and despite an old building in the case of the Royal Sussex County, and full wards in the case of the Princess Royal in Haywards Heath, the care she received from the first few minutes and for months afterwards was exemplary. Home visits to continue recovery therapy long after she'd been discharged, all the advice was spot on, and her recovery continues. The non-medical stuff - food, management etc - gets a bad rap in some places I know, but the actual medical people were outstanding in my family's experience.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
but for the GP and the local hospital in Wales, recognizing and putting right my wife's toxic shock, she would not be here now, he was my GP as well and I always thought him to be a bit of a bumbler but when the time came he moved at the speed of light to get her into hospital and even then it was touch and go.
the NHS has been good to me but for that time I will be eternally thankful

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have nothing but praise for Queen Alexandras Childrens Hospital Brighton and Royal Marsden at Sutton who have attended to my 4 year old grand daughter with her leukaemia. Glad to say she had her bone marrow transplant on Friday and although poorly is responding exactly as the Marsden predicted. Mention must be made of the bone marrow donor who wishes to remain anonymous all we know is he is 29 years old, an athlete who has never smoked or drank alcohol. If any body is considering doing something worthwhile go and see your GP and get tested to join the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust list of donors.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Would hate to have a system like America.
Speaking as an American, eventually you will.
The same sleep-walking, profit-worshiping, cheesparing approach that has led the UK to embrace our seriously broken post-secondary education funding model will eventually lead to something similar happening to the provision of medical care.

All the while here in the US the more advanced students of the issue have come to reject the model we have under the status quo.

Look, just because we do something, doesn't mean you should too.
I mean, look what we did to beer. And The Office.
Just don't go there.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My mum went to her GP 3 times with a clear self diagnosed issue that he refused to refer, he did the 4th time & she was saved, just.
25 years later she is still alive & the Doctor has been struck off for incompetence

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I hope she continues to improve. I had major heart surgery last November. Average death rate across EU would be just under 2.5%. The surgeon that operated on me has a rate of 0.45%. I am so grateful and it is really important that we make ourselves heard in defence of the NHS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here