Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack The Ripper

SeagullsT0m

Feb 25, 2009
So they've supposedly discovered who he actually was; a Polish immigrant by the name of Aaron Kosminski.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...been-revealed-using-dna-evidence-9717036.html

There is some very strong evidence to support the point aswell!

But as there is obviously no justice that can be brought, do people want to know who it really is or is there something about the mystery that is so interesting? I always liked the idea that it could have been a person very high up in the social ladder.

But credit to the investigators, it involved loads of work and to have the technology to do that is mindblowing

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
the problem is this is DNA that has not been stored evidentially and so has possibly become contaminated over time... brings into doubt the finding in my mind ..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The David Icke brigade will be disappointed.....they will have to stop blaming Winston Churchills dad :shrug:

So they've supposedly discovered who he actually was; a Polish immigrant by the name of Aaron Kosminski.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...been-revealed-using-dna-evidence-9717036.html

There is some very strong evidence to support the point aswell!

But as there is obviously no justice that can be brought, do people want to know who it really is or is there something about the mystery that is so interesting? I always liked the idea that it could have been a person very high up in the social ladder.

But credit to the investigators, it involved loads of work and to have the technology to do that is mindblowing

Bloody poles,coming over here,gutting our whores!

This case will never be solved

Is the correct answer.

I havent read this latest theory but for me the most likely suspect was James Maybrick.

And I seem to remember reading that kosminsky was in jail somewhere at the time of at least one of the murders - or was that Tumblety?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
It was Dr Francis Tumblety.

I know, I was there.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Ok billocks to it I own up it was me. Just don't tell anyone, and my names not Jack it's Doris.

Yeah Doris the Ripper

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is the correct answer.

I havent read this latest theory but for me the most likely suspect was James Maybrick.

And I seem to remember reading that kosminsky was in jail somewhere at the time of at least one of the murders - or was that Tumblety?

Maybrick has since been proven as a fake journal I believe. He wasnt on the police radar "at the time" either.

Tumblety "the quack" and Kosminski most certainly were amongst the chief suspects.

Far as I recollect, one of the most comprehensive books on this subject was written by an author who does one of the London walks. In fact, he took J Depp round before the film with the Masonic slant: which made for a good story but in reality hokum. He blamed Kosminski who was interned in an asylum after the murders and Swanson the senior detective knew it was him, but never revealed it.

Coupled with forensics these days, to be honest, think they have nailed it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched an interesting documentary that first aired in October 2009 that asserted the killer was mortuary assistant Robert Mann. They used modern police profiling techniques in their appraisal and I was left thinking their argument was highly plausible.

I'll be interested to see how the DNA tests are judged by others.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can't access the article at work but how do they know the DNA is this Polish guy; if theres only one piece of evidence with the Rippers DNA, what did they have to match it to?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His known descendants - Edward the Ripper (b. 1891), Bertie the Ripper (b. 1922), Charlie the Ripper (b. 1949), Jason the Ripper (b. 1985) and Tyler the Ripper (b. 2012).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
His known descendants - Edward the Ripper (b. 1891), Bertie the Ripper (b. 1922), Charlie the Ripper (b. 1949), Jason the Ripper (b. 1985) and Tyler the Ripper (b. 2012).

Be a bit of a bugger getting the Ripper's mitochondrial DNA from any of that lot though, wouldn't it?

On topic - Kosminski has always been a prime suspect, and for many Ripperologists, the prime suspect. Quite apart from it probably being impossible to prove who it was (to criminal conviction standards anyway), does it really matter?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Read: Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper -Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell. She thinks JTR was an well known artist called Walter Sickert.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
They should stop wasting resources and look into more recent crimes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here