Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2025, And England Is An Independent Country-Outside Of The European Union.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I was having this discussion earlier.

Assuming a 'Yes' vote north of the border, and the 2017 vote on EU membership sees a withdrawal, as well as further erosion of the United Kingdom....

What sort of political and social changes would this bring ? And would it be what we really want ?

Endless right-wing governance is a worry for me.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If as a nation we vote ourselves out the EU then we deserve everything that would come our way.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Yesssss! Of course the politicians will slimeball their way out of giving us a referendum in the first place.......

Previously, yes. I think it will happen this time.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was having this discussion earlier.

Assuming a 'Yes' vote north of the border, and the 2017 vote on EU membership sees a withdrawal, as well as further erosion of the United Kingdom....

What sort of political and social changes would this bring ? And would it be what we really want ?

Endless right-wing governance is a worry for me.

2017 vote won't be happening because Labour will be in power. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this Scottish and EU referendum nonsense is purely down to Cameron's weak leadership.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be moving to France if we leave the EU (if they'd still have me).

Along with numerous businesses and few key banks I guess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's the fixation with the financial sector that has helped get us to this point in the first place.

Due to the finance sector earning such massive tax revenues

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Along with numerous businesses and few key banks I guess.

Plenty of assumptions at play here, the EU is hardly in the rudest health itself, politically and economically. First off, Merkel will have to allow the ECB to undertake QE, a position the Bundesbank are diametrically opposed to........so that will be interesting.

On the banks, many are already looking to relocate elements outside the EU because of CRD IV and the CRR..........who is to say EU banks wouldn't locate back to London?

In addition, who knows what other kind of crisis is looming in the shadows, e.g will Turkey to be the next country in? Ed Miliband is full square behind their inclusion, with Labour MEPs and MPs working hard to get this over the line. Notwithstanding how unpopular that political position would be in the UK, (I am sure it will be in their 2015 manifesto) it could be the final straw.

Many many moving parts........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here