Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] GREEN: CONFIDENCE IS HIGH

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Albion women midfielder Amy Green admits confidence is high ahead of today’s game against Portsmouth at Culver Road.James Marrs’s side are aiming to make it three league wins from their opening three games, following Thursday night’s 3-1 home success against Gillingham.
Green told seagulls.co.uk, “Every game will be difficult this season but the Gillingham result has really given us a boost, so we go into today’s game feeling fresh and focused.
“It would be so good to make it three wins from three, but we are expecting a hard test as Portsmouth won their last game against Lewes, so they will be fired up for it.
“This will be our second game in four days and while it’s a quick turnaround, it’s only the start of the season, so it shouldn’t be an issue.
“Our general fitness is good and another game so soon after the last can only help with our match fitness.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Amy, who broke into the side towards the end of last season, admits the arrival of Marrs this summer has really helped her career kick on as she seeks to cement a regular place.“I feel really positive and to be playing in a team like this is great. James has helped me play quicker and given me the confidence I didn’t have last season.
“You always want to do the best you can and he has given everyone the positivity we’ve needed."
marrs-050914-l229-1898947.jpg

She added, “The quality has definitely stepped up this season and as we aim to get into the Super League, everything’s much more professional and everyone’s working hard for each other.
“We’ve obviously had a number of new faces come in this summer but we’ve all bonded so well – it feels like we’ve been together for ages.
“Sometimes it doesn’t work when you get a lot of new faces but this team has gelled quickly and we’re playing well together.
“From a personal perspective, I just want to keep progressing and stay in the team. It would also be nice to get on the scoresheet; I could have scored a couple against Gillingham but hopefully today is the day!”
Albion women play Portsmouth this afternoon in a 2pm kick-off, at Culver Road, Lancing. There is free entry for all Amex season-ticket holders on production of their card and children under-16. Otherwise admission for adults is £3.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here