I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Russell Martin injured.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very best of luck to him :clap2: So pleased he's been getting the chance to test himself on the international stage.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But we must remember, it was a sideways move when he joined us from Swindon ???

...............at best! :lolol:

I bet he sometimes looks back and wonders how many international caps he would have now had he remained at Swindon?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Norwich City defender Russell Martin could miss Scotland's opening Euro 2016 qualifier against Germany on Sunday.
The 28-year-old has a groin strain and did not take part in Saturday's training session.
Darren Fletcher will captain the Scots for the first time in almost two years following a battle against chronic bowel disease ulcerative colitis.
Mario Gomez and Marco Reus have returned to the Germany squad after missing this year's World Cup triumph.
Jerome Boateng is likely to feature in defence after missing Wednesday's 4-2 friendly defeat by Argentina.
That match in Dusseldorf was Germany's first since beating Argentina 1-0 after extra-time in the Brazil 2014 final.
Coach Joachim Low is without Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Scotland are on a six-match unbeaten run stretching back to last September and Gordon Strachan is starting his first full qualifying campaign as national coach.
He took over during the Scots' ill-fated World Cup qualifying campaign but has improved results with six wins and two draws in his 12 matches in charge.
Strachan called up uncapped midfielder Callum McGregor, 21 and his Celtic team-mate goalkeeper Craig Gordon, who last played for the national team in 2010.
Gordon, 31, has returned to playing after two years out injured but is unlikely to displace current first choice keeper Allan McGregor.
Defenders Christophe Berra and Andrew Robertson pulled out of the squad because of injury and Aberdeen's Mark Reynolds was called up as cover.
Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald, 25 could make his senior international debut at the Signal Iduna Park while Martin's club-mate Steven Whittaker could play at left-back in Robertson's absence.
Commenting on Martin's potential absence, Strachan said: "Only a player could tell you how he is feeling.
"He felt a bit yesterday so we took him off training as a precaution and obviously we have been on the go since the morning.
"We will name the team before the [Sunday morning] training session.
"We are doing all right for centre-halves, if you look at Gordon Greer, playing with Grant Hanley has been okay."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Norwich City defender Russell Martin could miss Scotland's opening Euro 2016 qualifier against Germany on Sunday.

"We are doing all right for centre-halves, if you look at Gordon Greer, playing with Grant Hanley has been okay."

Nice! Really hope GG gets his big game chance. He deserves it.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yep defo going to be a starter.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Or not..

Scotland team:
Marshall, Hutton, Whittaker, Martin, Hanley, Morrison, Fletcher, Mulgrew, Naismith, Bannan, Anya.

Subs | A.McGregor, Greer, Maloney, S.Fletcher, Bryson, McDonald, Burke, Reynolds, McArthur, Gordon, Forsyth, C.Martin #GERSCO #WeAreScotland

:(

I suppose on the plus side he'll be fresher for the Albion.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Scotland don't look any worse than England now. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat England!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here