Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town - a joke

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
As we did not have a game today I thought I would go to watch Crawley so I looked on their website for tickets and there was an offer for £10 tickets to season ticket holders of premier and championship clubs. These were only available from the ticket office or phone from 10am so at 10.15 I phoned them to get a message saying you have reached the voicemail of extn **** with no mention of the ticket office so I left a message asking for someone to contact me. After an hour without a response I tried again with the same result. As no one phoned me back they lost 2 ticket sales but how many more potential spectators did they lose. I can't believe that a club who struggle to get 3000 through the gate cannot get their act in order to maximise income. We may moan about being 29th in the queue and having to wait 30 minutes to speak to the ticket office but at least we are able to get through.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You didn't miss much. 4-0 thrashing. They have a woeful squad this season.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Why would you want to go and watch them anyway? As far as I was aware they have a real chip on their shoulder about Brighton and a pretty firm affiliation with Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would you want to go and watch them anyway? As far as I was aware they have a real chip on their shoulder about Brighton and a pretty firm affiliation with Palace.

Having John Gregory as manager makes them even less likeable.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Tin pot team has tin pot ticketing operation, who knew? Could have simply gone along to the ticket office if you'd actually wanted to go to the game rather than making a completely irrelevant moan/look at me thread on NSC.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tin pot team has tin pot ticketing operation, who knew? Could have simply gone along to the ticket office if you'd actually wanted to go to the game rather than making a completely irrelevant moan/look at me thread on NSC.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Shirley with gates of a couple of thousand you could have turned up and got a ticket without any hassle.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Was that really necessary?

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
I went to the game ...shocking ....people behind me had decided that vincenti playing for Rochdale was the "Vicente that played for brighton " ..I just couldn't correct them .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Was that really necessary?

Yes it was. Makes no effort to go to the game then comes on here to announce they 'lost a sale', it's beyond pathetic. I've been in Leeds all day, maybe I should start a thread as well to have a go at Exeter for not makin their games more accessible to me?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Incorrect. Disgusting attitude to us years back when we needed help.
Would have been nice to see them get stuffed
No no, it was the council that blocked us groundsharing, everyone I knew at the club were actually quite supportive (my uncle was a director at the time)
You should get your facts right before jumping on that bandwagon !

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I phoned the Crawley ticket office around lunchtime and got the extension response. I redialled thinking I had maybe misdialed and a ticket office lady answered and I bought a ticket. I overheard the Vicente comment so must have been close to judewri.

This is 4th time I have seen Crawley this season and their only attacking threat was Harrold and they could easily have equalised in the first half. The second half they were dire and Rochdale created and took their goals well. Glad to see Fenelon come on for last 10 and his contribution was to pass the ball back every time had it. But by then they were out of sight and playing out time.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
If you went today then I can only apologise for what you had to endure.
We have the worst squad of players the club has seen in years.Im sorry to say that the ride is over and the beginning of our slide back to the conference has finally arrived.We have had a great 3 years and the memory's will always be there.Its sad to see it crumbling away like this,but deep down the 2000 hard core supporters always knew the day would some day come.
We just haven't been able to get the support needed.Its hard because Crawley is still so emotionally connected to the Capital and it's football clubs that these people just haven't been enticed by Crawley Town.
The club tried engaging West Sussex,but that's been a waste of time,Crawley has never really been accepted by Sussex in all the years since the new town was built, so the team had no hope there.
Mind you,the dross John Gregory has served up so far will see the crowds drop away even more.I need a drink.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
We have the worst squad of players the club has seen in years.Im sorry to say that the ride is over and the beginning of our slide back to the conference has finally arrived.We have had a great 3 years and the memory's will always be there.Its sad to see it crumbling away like this,but deep down the 2000 hard core supporters always knew the day would some day come.
We just haven't been able to get the support needed.Its hard because Crawley is still so emotionally connected to the Capital and it's football clubs that these people just haven't been enticed by Crawley Town.
The club tried engaging West Sussex,but that's been a waste of time,Crawley has never really been accepted by Sussex in all the years since the new town was built, so the team had no hope there.
Mind you,the dross John Gregory has served up so far will see the crowds drop away even more.I need a drink.

John Gregory wouldn't recognise a good player if he stood on Brighton beach with a ball under his arm and a seagull on his head.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Sad to read that. I actually like the idea of Crawley holding their own in League 1 or 2 and thriving at that level. But even if you do drop down to the Conference eventually, which is arguably the club's natural level, it's a really great league and the die-hard 2,000 will enjoy it, as they did before. I'm afraid you're right about the limited pool of support in the area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here