Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best strike force you've ever seen against the Albion outside the top division?

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
For me it was Dion Dublin and Steve Claridge with Cambridge. They made my trip to the Abbey stadium a thoroughly depressing day out!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ellington and Roberts, ably assisted by Kavanagh, Bullard, McCulloch and Teale destroyed us within quarter of an hour at Withdean. They were were superb that day. 4-2 was an incredibly flattering scoreline.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Lester, Johnson and Harewood up front for Forest against us at the City Ground - they weren't the best individually but as a collective their movement destroyed us for 70 mins (we were 3-0 down) - then we got 1 back and Mr Jones hit a 35 yd screamer to bring it back to 3-2 which it ended... If we'd had another 10 mins I reckon we would have won as the last 20 was wave after wave of attacks... But back to the original question, those 3 ripped us to shreds for that first 70 mins and I haven't seen anything like it since

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Ellington and Roberts, ably assisted by Kavanagh, Bullard, McCulloch and Teale destroyed us within quarter of an hour at Withdean. They were were superb that day. 4-2 was an incredibly flattering scoreline.

This. I also saw them play Coventry that season with my Wigan supporting mate. Ellington and Roberts were simply unplayable that season. They both had pace, aerial ability and could score great goals.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ellington and Roberts a few times - also went to the away game that yr where they did us 3-0 with absolute ease

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

This sprang to mind as soon as I opened this thread, I really thought I was going to see a 0-8 that night.
Fair play to the Albion players in the second half as they didn't give up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't recall who played alongside him, but Dean Ashton DESTROYED us at Withers, with Crewe, in 2004/5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here