cash-l229-1900355_478x359.jpg

Julian Cash is a big Albion fan
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
09:49 6th September 2014
by Luke Nicoli
Tennis is my game but I love football and I love the Albion"
Julian Cash

Brighton & Hove Albion have a potential star within their ranks and we’re not talking football either.
Step forward Julian Cash, who is Britain’s number one junior male tennis player and a Seagulls season-ticket holder.
Hailing from Henfield in West Sussex, the 18-year-old has just embarked on a four-year scholarship to Mississippi State University in the USA, but he will always have one eye on events at the Amex.
cash-ll229-1900356.jpg

“I’ve been an Albion fan all my life,” he told Seagull, the club’s matchday programme. “It’s always been them as long as I can remember. Tennis is my game but I love football and I love the Albion.
“The way my playing schedule fell in 2014 allowed me to see pretty much the entire second half of the season at home. It’s not always been that way because I’m away from the area playing, but it’s always nice to go.
“Getting into the play-offs last season was certainly pretty special. I didn’t really expect that halfway through the season. That final day of the regular season up at Nottingham Forest was really nerve-racking.
“It was disappointing the way it turned out against Derby but at least that was better than not making it into the play-offs at all.”
orlandi229-1900358.jpg

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

For the foreseeable future at least, visits to the Amex will be fleeting but Julian [no relation to Pat!] can’t wait to open a new chapter in his life and career.“It’s a really good set up at Mississippi State. I’m not necessarily going for the education; the main reason I’m going is for the tennis, with education on the side to help fund it.
“Hopefully there’s a way of getting to see some Championship games so at least I’ll see some action, but I’ll certainly be keeping up with all the news on the club’s website.”
To read more from Julian, purchase the Cheltenham issue of Seagull, available from the Amex Superstore and online, priced just £2.

[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h] saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h] TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h] saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here