Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance or confidence from bloom

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Following the end of the transfer window & Tony bloom coming out & publicly saying how happy he is with the business the club has done during the transfer window I was just wondering if it was arrogance or confidence.Especially him saying that he spent most of the last day of the transfer window in the pub.

I think we have done well & I am happy with the players we have recruited.

I am also aware of the fact that we lie 13th in the league after 5 games and have yet to play a team who are likely to finish in the top half of the league.

I know building a team takes time but I think until we play a team that will be contesting the top end of the division none of us will truly know how well we have recruited this summer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
nonchalant even.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have never seen Bloom come over as arrogant. That's not his style. He has always struck me as someone who is confident,sensible and a likable bloke.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Tbh many teams are in a similar position. I too spent most of the last transfer day in the pub. Leeds away 2-0 u can't grumble. Early days let's see what Sami can do.

I disagree

How many teams are in a similar position to us.

We have basically come out and said we are totally satisfied with our squad.

Most other teams will openly say (either) ideally we would have 1 or 2 more additions or we have our value of a player & were not prepared to exceed that.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I have never seen Bloom come over as arrogant. That's not his style. He has always struck me as someone who is confident,sensible and a likable bloke.

What that man has done for this club I will be eternally thankful.

It just struck me that the club were a bit too confident/arrogant with the business they had done.

I suppose time will tell how well the club during the transfer window.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Following the end of the transfer window & Tony bloom coming out & publicly saying how happy he is with the business the club has done during the transfer window I was just wondering if it was arrogance or confidence.Especially him saying that he spent most of the last day of the transfer window in the pub.

I think we have done well & I am happy with the players we have recruited.

I am also aware of the fact that we lie 13th in the league after 5 games and have yet to play a team who are likely to finish in the top half of the league.

I know building a team takes time but I think until we play a team that will be contesting the top end of the division none of us will truly know how well we have recruited this summer.

Its a competition. The opposition may have done better. Pleased about Holla. I would liked to have signed Westwood, Stephen Ward, Jason Steele, Yanic Wildschut (or kept Buckley).

Better than expected with the positives. Less than with left back and the keeper.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I disagree

How many teams are in a similar position to us.

We have basically come out and said we are totally satisfied with our squad.

Most other teams will openly say (either) ideally we would have 1 or 2 more additions or we have our value of a player & were not prepared to exceed that.
Stop looking for excuses to had a dig at the chairman. I criticized our club heavily at one point because of the lack of transfer activity coming in. We have signed some good players and spent money. All this while juggling with finances to meet FFP. We have built a team to challenge a top 6 spot on paper in my opinion. It all depends how good a manager Sami is.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Its a competition. The opposition may have done better. Pleased about Holla. I would liked to have signed Westwood, Jason Steele, Yanic Wildschut (or kept Buckley).

Better than expected with the positives. Less than with left back and the keeper.

I really like Holla
I'm yet to see stockdale make a save but his handling from crosses is good
Is it a coincidence that we signed TOKO before SAMI arrived & he is yet to get a game.
Let's also not forget that the reemergence of Lewis dunk is like another new signing.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Stop looking for excuses to had a dig at the chairman. I criticized our club heavily at one point because of the lack of transfer activity coming in. We have signed some good players and spent money. All this while juggling with finances to meet FFP. We have built a team to challenge a top 6 spot on paper in my opinion. It all depends how good a manager Sami is.

That is my argument.

Until we play a team that is looking up instead of looking down we will never know how good our transfer window was.

Sept 27th away to forest will be first game against promotion contender quickly followed by home vs Cardiff.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Birmingham:

In: Denny Johnstone (Celtic - Undisclosed), David Davis (Wolverhampton Wanderers - Undisclosed), David Cotterill (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Clayton Donaldson (Brentford - Free), David Edgar (Burnley - Free), Stephen Gleeson (MK Dons - Free), Jonathan Grounds (Oldham Athletic - Free), Gavin Gunning (Dundee United - Free), Mark Duffy (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Wes Thomas (Rotherham United - Free), Navid Nasseri (Bury - Free), Luke Armstrong (Middlesbrough - Free), Grant Hall (Tottenham Hotspur - Loan).

Out: Tom Adeyemi (Cardiff City - Undisclosed), Aaron Martin (Yeovil Town - Free), Hayden Mullins (Notts County - Free), Wade Elliott (Bristol City - Free), Liam Maher (Leamington - Free), Amari'i Bell (Mansfield Town - Loan), Koby Arthur (Cheltenham Town - Loan), Reece Brown (Notts County - Loan), Peter Lovenkrands, Darren Ambrose, Brian Howard, Akwasi Asante, Reece Hales, Ryan Higgins (All Released).

Blackburn Rovers:

In: Shane Duffy (Everton - Undisclosed), Chris Brown (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Luke Varney (Leeds United - Free), Alex Baptiste (Bolton Wanderers - Loan), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough - Loan), Ryan Tunnicliffe (Fulham - Loan).

Out: Alan Judge (Brentford - Undisclosed), Ruben Rochina (Granada - Undisclosed), Ryan Edwards (Morecambe - Free), David Goodwillie (Aberdeen - Free), Alex Marrow (Carlisle United - Free), Matthew Unwin (Bradford City - Free), Josh Morris (Fleetwood Town - Loan), Anthony O'Connor (Plymouth Argyle - Loan), Leon Best (Derby County - Loan), Jordan Slew (Port Vale - Loan), Jack O'Connell (Rochdale - Loan), William Beesley, Robbie Cotton, Huge Fernandez Molina, Deniz Pero, Aaron Tumwa, Timothy Payne, Dickson Etuhu, DJ Campbell (All Released).

Blackpool:

In: Jose Miguel Cubero (Herediano - Undisclosed), Jeffrey Rentmeister (Westerlo - Undisclosed), Sergei Zenjov (FC Karpaty Lviv - Free), Peter Clarke (Huddersfield Town - Free), Tomasz Cywka (Barnsley - Free), Jacob Mellis (Barnsley - Free), Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa - Free), Ishmael Miller (Nottingham Forest - Free), Elliot Parish (Bristol City - Free), Andrea Orlandi (Brighton & Hove Albion - Free), Francois Zoko (Stevenage - Free), Joel Dielna (Unattached - Free), Nile Ranger (Unattached - Free), Edu Oriol (AEL Limassol - Free), Donervon Daniels (West Bromwich Albion - Loan), Joe Lewis (Cardiff City - Loan), John Lundstram (Everton - Loan).

Out: Tom Ince (Hull City - Undisclosed), Chris Basham (Sheffield United - Free), Neal Bishop (Scunthorpe United - Free), Kirk Broadfoot (Rotherham United - Free), Mark Halstead (Shrewsbury - Free), Chris Kettings (Crystal Palace - Free), Craig Cathcart (Watford - Free), Matthew Gilks (Burnley - Free), James Caton (Shrewsbury Town - Free), Ricardo Fuller (Millwall - Free), Nathan Tyson (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Gerardo Bruna (Tranmere Rovers - Free), Louis Almond, Anderson Banvo, Jake Caprice, Michael Chopra, Adam Dodd, Robert Earnshaw, Nathan Eccleston, Elliot Grandin, Barry Ferguson, Faris Haroun, Isaiah Osbourne, Liam Tomsett, Tony Warner (All Released).

Bolton Wanderers:

In: Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City - Loan), Dorian Dervite (Charlton Athletic - Free), Liam Feeney (Millwall - Free), Liam Trotter (Millwall - Free), Andy Robinson (Southampton - Free), Dean Moxey (Crystal Palace - Free), Neil Danns (Leicester City - Free), Ross Fitzsimons (Crystal Palace - Free), Andy Hughes (Charlton Athletic - Free), Quade Taylor (Crystal Palace - Free), Joe Mason (Cardiff City - Loan).

Out: Marvin Sordell (Burnley - Undisclosed), Cian Bolger (Southend United - Undisclosed), Alex Baptiste (Blackburn Rovers - Loan), Joe Riley (Oxford United - Loan), Zat Knight, Chris Eagles, Tyrone Mears, Jay Lynch, Arran Lee-Barrett, Andre Moritz, Sam Bailey, Saul Hamer, Jordan Hendrie, James Kelly, Elliot Newby, Guillermo Torres, Andy Robinson. (All Released).

AFC Bournemouth:

In: Callum Wilson (Coventry City - £2.25m), Andrew Surman (Norwich City - Undisclosed), Dan Gosling (Newcastle United - Free), Junior Stanislas (Burnley - Free).

Out: Lewis Grabban (Norwich City - £3m), Shwan Jalal (Bury - Free), Charlie Losasso (Eastbourne Borough - Free), Matt Tubbs (AFC Wimbledon - Loan), Mohamed Coulibaly (Coventry City - Loan), Ryan Allsop (Coventry City - Loan), Miles Addison (Scunthorpe United - Loan), Josh McQuoid (Coventry City - Loan), Jayden Stockley (Cambridge United - Loan).

Brentford:

In: Moses Odubajo (Leyton Orient - £1m), Andre Gray (Luton Town - 500k), Alan Judge (Blackburn Rovers - Undisclosed), Scott Hogan (Rochdale - Undisclosed), Jota (Celta Vigo - Undisclosed), Marcos Tebar Ramiro (UD Almeria - Free), Daniel O'Shaughnessy (FC Metz - Free), Nick Proschwitz (Hull City - Free), Tommy Smith (Cardiff City - Free), Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur - Loan), Jon Toral (Arsenal - Loan), Betinho (Sporting Lisbon - Loan).

Out: Aaron Pierre (Wycombe Wanderers - Undisclosed), Luke Norris (Gillingham - Undisclosed), Adam Forshaw (Wigan Athletic - Undisclosed), Liam O'Brien (Dagenham & Redbridge - Free), Shaleum Logan (Aberdeen - Free), Clayton Donaldson (Birmingham City - Free), Sam Beale (Eastbourne Borough - Free), Michael Onovwigun (Chesterfield - Free), Jake Reeves (Swindon Town - Free), Will Grigg (MK Dons - Loan), Alfie Mawson (Wycombe Wanderers - Loan), Josh Clarke (Dagenham & Redbridge - Loan), Farid El Alagui, Scott Barron (Both Released).

Brighton & Hove Albion:

In: Chris O'Grady (Barnsley - Undisclosed), David Stockdale (Fulham - Undisclosed), Adrian Colunga (Getafe - Undisclosed), Sam Baldock (Bristol City - Undisclosed), Nzuzi Toko (Grasshopper - Free), Aaron Hughes (QPR - Free), Danny Holla (Den Haag - Free), Paddy McCourt (Barnsley - Free), Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool - Loan), Joe Bennett (Aston Villa - Loan), Gary Gardner (Aston Villa - Loan).

Out: Leonardo Ulloa (Leicester City - £7m), Matthew Upson (Leicester City - Undisclosed), Brennan Dickenson (Gillingham - Undisclosed), Will Buckley (Sunderland - Undisclosed), Andrea Orlandi (Blackpool - Free), Peter Brezovan (Portsmouth - Free), Will Hoskins (Oxford United - Free), Shamir Fenelon (Rochdale - Loan), Vitalijs Maksimenko (VVV-Venlo - Loan), Tomasz Kuszczak, David Lopez, David Rodriguez (All Released).

Cardiff City:

In: Bruno Ecuele Manga (FC Lorient - £5m), Javi Guerra (Real Valladolid - £3m), Guido Burgstaller (Rapid Vienna - £1.5m), Anthony Pilkington (Norwich City - £1m), Adam le Fondre (Reading - Undisclosed), Tom Adeyemi (Birmingham City - Undisclosed), Sean Morrison (Reading - Undisclosed), Federico Macheda (Manchester United - Free), Kagisho Dikgacoi (Crystal Palace - Free), Danny Gabbidon (Crystal Palace - Free).

Out: Gary Medel (Inter Milan - £10m), Jordan Mutch (QPR - £6m), Frazier Campbell (Crystal Palace - 900k), Steven Caulker (QPR - Undisclosed), Mark Hudson (Huddersfield Town - Undisclosed), Andrew Taylor (Wigan Athletic - Free), Don Cowie (Wigan Athletic - Free), Tommy Smith (Brentford - Free), Simon Lappin (St Johnstone - Free), Jo Inge Berget (Celtic - Loan), Kevin McNaughton (Bolton Wanderers - Loan), Joe Lewis (Blackpool - Loan), Filip Kiss (Ross County - Loan), Joe Mason (Bolton Wanderers - Loan), Kevin Theophile-Catherine (St Etienne - Loan), Craig Bellamy, Luke Coulson, Ronnie Hawkins (All Released).

Charlton Athletic:

In: Igor Vetokele (F.C. Copenhagen - Undisclosed), Tal Ben Haim (Standard Liege - Undisclosed), Zak Ansah (Arsenal - Free), Kurtis Cumberbatch (Watford - Free), Franck Moussa (Coventry City - Free), Andre Bikey (Panetolikos - Free), Johann Berg Gudmundsson (AZ Alkmaar - Free), George Tucudean (Standard Liege - Free), Stephen Henderson (West Ham United - Free), Yoni Buyens (Standard Liege - Loan), Frederic Bulot (Standard Liege - Loan).

Out: Diego Poyet (West Ham United - Undisclosed), Dorian Dervite (Bolton Wanderers - Free), Danny Green (MK Dons - Free), Ben Hamer (Leicester City - Free), Adebayo Azeez (AFC Wimbledon - Free), Richard Wood (Rotherham United - Free), Jordan Cook (Walsall - Free), Kevin Feely (Newport Town - Free), Danny Hollands (Portsmouth - Free), Bradley Pritchard (Leyton Orient - Free), Andy Hughes (Bolton Wanderers - Free), Cedric Evina (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Harry Lennon (Cambridge - Loan), Leon Cort, Mark Gower, Bradley Jordan (All Released).

Derby County:

In: Cyrus Christie (Coventry City - Undisclosed), George Thorne (West Bromwich Albion - Undisclosed), Alban Bunjaku (Sevilla - Free), Jonathan Mitchell (Newcastle United - Free), Zak Whitbread (Leicester City - Free), Alefe Santos (Bristol Rovers - Free), Ivan Calero (Atletico Madrid - Free), Tom Koblenz (Hoffenheim - Free), Leon Best (Blackburn Rovers - Loan), Omar Mascarell (Real Madrid - Loan), Ryan Shotton (Stoke City - Loan), Jordan Ibe (Liverpool - Loan).

Out: Ben Davies (Sheffield United - Free), Adam Legzdins (Leyton Orient - Free), James O'Connor (Walsall - Free), James Bailey (Barnsley - Free), Callum Ball (St Mirren - Free), Josh Lelan (Swindon Town - Loan), Mason Bennett (Bradford City - Loan), Conor Sammon (Ipswich Town - Loan), Mark O'Brien (Motherwell - Loan), Valentin Gjokaj, Michael Hoganson, Ross Atkins (All Released).

Fulham:

In: Ross McCormack (Leeds United - £11m), Matt Smith (Leeds United - £500k), Adam Taggart (Newcastle Jets - Undisclosed), Kay Voser (FC Basel - Undisclosed), Thomas Eisfeld (Arsenal - Undisclosed), Nikolay Bodurov (Litex Lovech - Undisclosed), Tiago Casasola (Boca Juniors - Undisclosed), Gabor Kiraly (1860 Munich - Undisclosed), Shaun Hutchinson (Motherwell - Free), Tim Hoogland (Schalke - Free), Adil Chihi (FC Cologne - Free), Mark Fotheringham (Notts County - Free), Dino Fazlic (Unattached - Free), Konstantinos Stafylidis (Bayer Leverkusen - Loan).

Out: Sascha Riether (SC Freiburg - £2.5m), Kieran Richardson (Aston Villa - Undisclosed), Pajtim Kasami (Olympiakos - Undisclosed), Ashkan Dejagah (Al-Arabi - Undisclosed), Damien Duff (Melbourne City - Free), Steve Sidwell (Stoke City - Free), Josh Pritchard (Gillingham - Free), Muamar Tankovic (AZ Alkmaar - Free), Johnny Heitinga (Hertha BSC - Free), Derek Boateng (Rayo Vallecano - Free), Matthew Briggs (Millwall - Free), Brede Hangeland (Crystal Palace - Free), Charles Banya (Crawley Town - Free), Martin Stekelenburg (AS Monaco - Loan), Kostas Mitroglou (Olympiakos - Loan), Alexander Kacaniklic (FC Copenhagen - Loan), Ryan Tunnicliffe (Blackburn Rovers - Loan), Alexander Brister, Mahamadou Diarra, Neil Etheridge, Dino Islamovic, Georgios Karagkounis, Ronny Minkwitz, Max Oberschmidt, John Arne Riise (All Released).

Huddersfield Town:

In: Conor Coady (Liverpool - Undisclosed), Liam Coogans (Airdrie United - Undisclosed), Mark Hudson (Cardiff City - Undisclosed), Joe Murphy (Coventry City - Free), Lee Peltier (Leeds United - Free), Jacob Butterfield (Middlesbrough - Swap), Radoslaw Majewski (Nottingham Forest - Loan), Jack Robinson (Liverpool - Loan).

Out: Oliver Norwood (Reading - Undisclosed), Adam Clayton (Middlesbrough - Undisclosed + Swap), Keith Southern (Fleetwood Town - Free), Callum Woods (Preston North End - Free), Chris Atkinson (Crewe Alexandra - Free), Paul Mullin (Morecambe - Free), Duane Holmes (Bury - Loan), Peter Clarke, Ian Bennett, Anton Robinson, Cristian Lopez (All Released).

Ipswich Town:

In: Bartosz Bialkowski (Notts County - Undisclosed), Alex Henshall (Manchester City - Free), Cameron Stewart (Hull City - Free), Jonathan Parr (Crystal Palace - Free), Darren McQueen (Tottenham Hotspur - Free), Balint Bajner (Borussia Dortmund - Free), Kevin Bru (Levski Sofia - Free), Conor Sammon (Derby County - Loan).

Out: Aaron Cresswell (West Ham - £3.75m), Carlos Edwards (Millwall - Free), Scott Loach (Rotherham United - Free), Frederic Veseli (Port Vale - Loan), Paul Taylor (Rotherham United - Loan), Jack Marriott (Carlisle United - Loan), Anthony Wordsworth (Rotherham United - Loan), Frank Nouble (Coventry City - Loan), David October, Mark Timlin, Jonathan Leddy, Tom Winter, Jordan Adekunle (All Released).

Leeds United:

In: Marco Silvestri (Chievo Verona - Undisclosed), Tommaso Bianchi (Sassuolo - Undisclosed), Gaetano Berardi (Sampdoria - Undisclosed), Nicky Ajose (Peterborough United - Undisclosed), Liam Cooper (Chesterfield - Undisclosed), Billy Sharp (Southampton - Undisclosed), Mirco Antenucci (Ternana - Undisclosed), Giuseppe Bellusci (Catania - Undisclosed), Casper Sloth (AGF Aarhus - Undisclosed), Souleymane Doukara (Catania - Undisclosed), Stuart Taylor (Reading - Free), Zan Benedicic - (AC Milan - Loan), Adryan (Flamengo - Loan), Dario Del Fabro (Cagliari - Loan), Brian Montenegro (Nacional Asuncion - Loan).

Out: Ross McCormack (Fulham - £11m), Matt Smith (Fulham - £500k), Dominic Poleon (Oldham Athletic - Undisclosed), Lee Peltier (Huddersfield Town - Free), Luke Varney (Blackburn Rovers - Free), Paul Green (Rotherham United - Free), Lewis Turner (Harrogate Town - Free), Simon Lenighan (Harrogate Town - Free), Gboly Ariyibi (Chesterfield - Free), Jamie Ashdown (Crawley Town - Free), Michael Brown, El-Hadji Diouf, Adam Drury, Danny Pugh, Marius Zaliukas, Paddy Kenny (All Released).

Middlesbrough:

In: Kike (Real Murcia - £2.4m), Emilio Nsue (Real Mallorca - Undisclosed), James Husband (Doncaster Rovers - Undisclosed + Swap), Adam Clayton (Huddersfield Town - Undisclosed + Swap), Yanic Wildschut (SC Heerenveen - Undisclosed), Tomas Mejias (Real Madrid - Free), Damia Abella (Osasuna - Free), Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea - Loan), Ryan Fredericks (Tottenham Hotspur - Loan), Patrick Bamford (Chelsea - Loan), Jelle Vossen (Genk - Loan), Jamal Blackman (Chelsea - Loan).

Out: Lukas Jutkiewicz (Burnley - £1.5m), Marvin Emnes (Swansea City - Undisclosed), Richard Smallwood (Rotherham United - Undisclosed), Matthew Bates (Hartlepool United - Free), Matthew Dolan (Bradford City - Free), Jayson Leutwiler (Shrewsbury Town - Free), Stuart Parnaby (Hartlepool United - Free), Frazer Richardson (Rotherham United - Free), Luke Armstrong (Birmingham City - Free), Curtis Main (Doncaster Rovers - Swap), Jacob Butterfield (Huddersfield Town - Swap), Ryan Brobbel (Hartlepool United - Loan), Christian Burgess (Peterborough United - Loan), Seb Hines (Coventry City - Loan), Jason Steele (Blackburn Rovers - Loan), Birger Meling, Jake Fowler, Cameron Park, Lewis Sirrell, Matthew Waters (All Released).

Millwall:

In: Lee Gregory (FC Halifax - Undisclosed), Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town - Free), Byron Webster (Yeovil Town - Free), Ricardo Fuller (Blackpool - Free), Magaye Gueye (Everton - Free), Matthew Briggs (Fulham - Free), Mathias Ranegie (Watford - Loan).

Out: Liam Feeney (Bolton Wanderers - Free), Charlie Penny (Welling United - Free), Liam Trotter (Bolton Wanderers - Free), Tom Beadle (Margate - Free), Jack Smith (AFC Wimbledon - Free), Andy Keogh (Perth Glory - Free), Shane Lowry (Leyton Orient - Free), Simeon Jackson (Coventry City - Free), John Marquis (Cheltenham Town - Free), Paul Robinson (Portsmouth - Loan), Stephen Bywater (Gillingham Town - Loan).

Norwich City:

In: Lewis Grabban (AFC Bournemouth - £3m), Kyle Laffery (Palermo - Undisclosed), Cameron Jerome (Stoke City - Undisclosed), Conor McGrandles (Falkirk - Undisclosed), Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe (Club Brugge - Undisclosed), Ignasi Miquel (Arsenal - Undisclosed), Louis Thompson (Swindon Town - Undisclosed), Gary O'Neil (QPR - Free), Carlos Cuellar (Sunderland - Free), Jos Hooiveld (Southampton - Loan).

Out: Leroy Fer (QPR - £8m), Anthony Pilkington (Cardiff City - £1m), Robert Snodgrass (Hull City - Undisclosed), Andrew Surman (AFC Bournemouth - Undisclosed), Rod Young (Welling United - Free), Ricky van Wolfswinkel (St Etienne - Loan), Carlton Morris (Oxford United - Loan), Louis Thompson (Swindon Town - Loan), Harry Barker, David Fox, Ewan McNeil, Carlo Nash (All Released).

Nottingham Forest:

In: Michail Antonio (Sheffield Wednesday - £1.5m), Michael Mancienne (Hamburg - Undisclosed), David Vaughan (Sunderland - Undisclosed), Lars Veldwijk (Excelsior - Undisclosed), Britt Assombalonga (Peterborough United - Undisclosed), Danny Fox (Southampton - Free), Matty Fryatt (Hull City - Free), Louis Laing (Sunderland - Free), Roger Riera (Barcelona - Free), Chris Burke (Birmingham City - Free), Robert Tesche (Hamburg - Free), Jack Hunt (Crystal Palace - Loan), Karl Darlow (Newcastle United - Loan), Jamaal Lascelles (Newcastle United - Loan).

Out: Jamaal Lascelles (Newcastle United - Undisclosed), Karl Darlow (Newcastle United - Undisclosed), Simon Cox (Reading - Undisclosed), Matt Derbyshire (Rotherham United - Free), Marcus Tudgay (Coventry City - Free), Darius Henderson (Leyton Orient - Free), Ishmael Miller (Blackpool - Free), Simon Gillett (Yeovil Town - Free), James Demetriou (Swansea City - Free), Jamie Mackie (Reading - Loan), Gonzalo Jara, Guy Moussi, Jonathan Greening (All Released).

Reading:

In: Simon Cox (Nottingham Forest - Undisclosed), Oliver Norwood (Huddersfield Town - Undisclosed), Anton Ferdinand (Antalyaspor - Free), Jamie Mackie (Nottingham Forest - Loan), Glenn Murray (Crystal Palace - Loan).

Out: Daniel Carrico (Sevilla - £1.5m), Adam le Fondre (Cardiff City - £1m), Sean Morrison (Cardiff City - Undisclosed), Alex McCarthy (QPR - Undisclosed), Matt Partridge (Dagenham & Redbridge - Free), Jobi McAnuff (Leyton Orient - Free), Royston Drenthe (Sheffield Wednesday - Loan), Mikele Leigertwood, Wayne Bridge, Kaspars Gorkss, Stuart Taylor, Lawson D'Ath, Nick Arnold, Gozie Ugwu (All Released).

Rotherham United:

In: Jordan Bowery (Aston Villa - £250k), Richard Smallwood (Middlesbrough - Undisclosed), Jonson Clarke-Harris (Oldham Athletic - Undisclosed), Kirk Broadfoot (Blackpool - Free), Matt Derbyshire (Nottingham Forest - Free), Scott Loach (Ipswich Town - Free), Conor Newton (Newcastle United - Free), Mat Sadler (Crawley Town - Free), Ryan Hall (MK Dons - Free), Richard Wood (Charlton Athletic - Free), Febian Brandy (Sheffield United - Free), Frazer Richardson (Middlesbrough - Free), Paul Green (Leeds United - Free), John Swift (Chelsea - Loan), Paul Taylor (Ipswich Town - Loan), Anthony Wordsworth (Ipswich Town - Loan), Luciano Becchio (Norwich City - Loan).

Out: Nicky Adams (Bury - Undisclosed), Kieran Agard (Bristol City - Undisclosed), James Cadman (Stalybridge Celtic - Free), Danny Hylton (Oxford United - Free), Kayode Odejayi (Tranmere Rovers - Free), Scott Shearer (Crewe Alexandra - Free), Harley Wigley (Stalybridge Celtic - Free), David Noble (Oldham Athletic - Free), Mitch Rose (Crawley Town - Loan), Danny Rowe (Wycombe Wanderers - Loan), Nicky Walker (Wycombe Wanderers - Loan), Michael Tidser (Oldham Athletic - Loan), Michael O'Connor, Claude Davis, Lionel Ainsworth, Danny Schofield (All Released).

Sheffield Wednesday:

In: Tom Lees (Leeds United - Undisclosed), Stevie May (St Johnstone - Undisclosed), Paul McElroy (Hull City - Free), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland - Free), Sam Hutchinson (Chelsea - Free), Ryan Croasdale (Preston North End - Free), Matt Young (Southampton - Free), Ed Sanders (Stoke City - Free), Dejan Kelhar (Red Star Belgrade - Free), Claude Dielna (Olympiakos - Free), Hallam Hope (Everton - Loan), Royston Drenthe (Reading - Loan).

Out: Michail Antonio (Nottingham Forest - £1.5m), Danny Mayor (Bury - Undisclosed), Adam Davies (Barnsley - Free), Reda Johnson (Coventry City - Free), Taylor McKenzie (Notts County - Free), Miguel Llera (Scunthorpe United - Free), Jermaine Johnson, David Prutton, Anthony Gardner, Martin Taylor, Adam Davies, Arron Jameson (All Released).

Watford:

In: Juan Carlos Paredes (Granada - Undisclosed), Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur - Free), Gabriel Tamas (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Craig Cathcart (Blackpool - Free), Lloyd Dyer (Leicester City - Free), Rene Gilmartin (St Patrick's Athletic - Free), Matej Vydra (Udinese - Loan), Daniel Tozser (Parma - Loan), Keith Andrews (Bolton Wanderers - Loan), Odion Ighalo (Udinese - Loan).

Out: Reece Brown (Barnsley - Undisclosed), Javier Acuna (Olimpia Asuncion - Undisclosed), Alex Jakubiak (Oxford United - Loan), Cristian Battocchio (Virtus Entella - Loan), Mathias Ranegie (Millwall - Loan), Manuel Almunia, Marco Cassetti, Ross Jenkins, Nyron Nosworthy, Fitz Hall, Lucas Neill (All Released).

Wigan Athletic:

In: Oriol Riera (Osasuna - £2m), James Tavernier (Newcastle United - Undisclosed), Adam Forshaw (Brentford - Undisclosed), Andy Delort (FC Tours - Undisclosed), Emyr Huws (Manchester City - Undisclosed), Andrew Taylor (Cardiff City - Free), Aaron Taylor-Sinclair (Partick Thistle - Free), Don Cowie (Cardiff City - Free), William Kvist (Stuttgart - Free).

Out: James McArthur (Crystal Palace - £7m), Jordi Gomez (Sunderland - Free), Danny Redmond (Hamilton Academical - Free), Jean Beausejour (Deportivo Colo Colo - Free), Stephen Crainey (Fleetwood Town - Free), Marko Marosi (Doncaster Rovers - Free), Jordan Mustoe (Accrington Stanley - Free), Juan Carlos Garcia (CD Tenerife - Loan), Adam Buxton, Marcus Holgresson (All Released).

Wolverhampton Wanderers:

In: George Saville (Chelsea - Undisclosed), Tommy Rowe (Peterborough United - Free), Rajiv Van La Parra (Heerenveen - Free).

Out: David Davis (Birmingham City - Undisclosed), Anthony Forde (Walsall - Undisclosed), Stephen Ward (Burnley - Undisclosed), Tongo Doumbia (Toulouse - Undisclosed), Michael Ihiekwe (Tranmere Rovers - Free), George Elokobi (Oldham Athletic - Free), Sam Whittall (Cambridge United - Free), Kortney Hause (Gillingham - Loan), Jack Price (Yeovil Town - Loan), Jordan Cranston (Notts County - Loan), Kevin Doyle (Crystal Palace - Loan), Jordan Cranston, Tim Jakobsson, Kristian Kostrna, David Moli, Robbie Parry, Jamie Reckord, Jamie Tank (All Released).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We fight for our life to be free and we love Tony

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is it a coincidence that we signed TOKO before SAMI arrived & he is yet to get a game.

No - Sami has a policy as a manager not to play any player who was already at the club before he arrived. That is why we started the Sheffield Wednesday game with only two players on the pitch - David Stockdale and Aaron Hughes. Under the circumstances, a 1-0 defeat was actually a very good result.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Petty:

1. of little or no importance or consequence

2. of lesser or secondary importance, merit, etc.

3. having or showing narrow ideas, interests, etc.

4. mean or ungenerous in small or trifling things

5. showing or caused by meanness of spirit

6. of secondary rank, especially in relation to others of the same class or kind

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That is my argument.

Until we play a team that is looking up instead of looking down we will never know how good our transfer window was.

Sept 27th away to forest will be first game against promotion contender quickly followed by home vs Cardiff.

No team knows how good their transfer window was.
TB says we had a good window because we got most of our major targets - only a couple got away, so therefore I think he is right in celebrating a good window.
It is now up to Sami and the squad to show that the players we got were the right ones.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then why the f*** don't you shut up until after the Cardiff game?

Why all the snide comments at TB?
It's unbelievable.

The most ungrateful fans in the world, strike again.

The man keeps getting harangued for being open and honest.
Tony was absolutely true to his word all summer, and now because it has made a fair few no necked Rodney's look like idiots, he's arrogant.

We have an open and honest chairman, and yet that's still not enough.

Tony please do yourself a favour, stick a big padlock over the Amex front door, and go to Australia.
You're wasting your time on us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here