Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumpton Coaches came over the hill, Hurrah, Hurrah

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Can anybody finish this ..........to the tune of.....When Johnny Comes marching home again, Hurrah Hurrah. We have the second line which isn't friendly, but honestly can't remember the rest.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Is it slow news day on here today? :whistle:

So why write anything? The OP was about a chant to a song. We don't remember the last few lines.

But you happily sit with the 4000 post brigade in only a year and a bit. I always wondered how you can write that much. I gather you wait hovering over a keyboard to write.....to write....no to wait..then write. So on a slow day, week, month, surely the question is...where the hell did that chant originate from? Then we just might make a conversation move on.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So why write anything? The OP was about a chant to a song. We don't remember the last few lines.

But you happily sit with the 4000 post brigade in only a year and a bit. I always wondered how you can write that much. I gather you wait hovering over a keyboard to write.....to write....no to wait..then write. So on a slow day, week, month, surely the question is...where the hell did that chant originate from? Then we just might make a conversation move on.

Oh get over yourself you soppy :censored: do you take offence when someone says hello to you in the wrong tone of voice?

Have a look for a sense of humour on your travels today:rolleyes:

TBH I have lived in Sussex all my life and never heard of this song, I thought you were making it up, that's all.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Oh get over yourself you soppy :censored: do you take offence when someone says hello to you in the wrong tone of voice?

TBH I have lived in Sussex all my life and never heard of this song, I thought you were making it up, that's all.

Sorry about the last paragraph, and that is being soppy. Frustration at mindless responses does annoy, but guessing from your last statement, maybe I called it wrong. Strange end to the post is that a Sussex Sheff Weds fan told me about this chant he heard with Seagulls on an away in the 80s.
I thought he had made it up.

I havnt lived in Sussex all my life but I remember the song,every school trip on the unreliable Plumpton coaches had this sung!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here