marrs-l229-1900276_478x359.jpg

James Marrs gives instructions on the sideline
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:18 5th September 2014
by Luke Nicoli
As long as we are well organised and work hard, then I’ll be happy"
James Marrs

Albion women boss James Marrs admits his side have a task on their hands to continue their 100 per cent start to the season at home to Portsmouth on Sunday.The Seagulls currently lie second in the table following their 3-1 win against Gillingham on Thursday night but Marrs is anticipating a tough encounter against the fellow south-coast club.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I went down to watch Portsmouth on Wednesday and they are a well organised side who work hard, so we are anticipating a really tough game but one we are looking forward to.
“They’re probably a little more physical than Gillingham but they are a good side and score goals. We’re fully aware of the threat they pose but hopefully we’ll be set up well enough to contain them and compete – that’s our aim.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

While this will be Albion’s second game in four days, Marrs does not anticipate fatigue being an issue for his new-look side.“It will be tough and Portsmouth have had 24 hours more rest than us, but that’s why we do a lot of fitness work and condition the players as well as we do.
“As long as we are well organised and work hard, then I’ll be happy. We know our legs will get a bit tired, so our ball retention will need to be better than it was against Gillingham. I’m looking for us to dictate the play and get a good foothold in the game.”
cooper-040914-l229-1897761.jpg

Marrs is waiting to see if centre-back Deanna Cooper recovers from an injury sustained against the Gills and he admits places remain up for grabs, despite two wins from two in the league.
“We will have to see how Deanna is today but when you have players unavailable, it’s a good opportunity for players coming in to stake a claim. I’m looking forward to seeing that from our squad.”
Albion women play Portsmouth this Sunday at Culver Road, Lancing, 2pm kick-off and there is free entry for all children under the age of 16 and Amex season-ticket holders on production of their smartcard. Adult admission for non-season ticket holders is £3.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here