Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grounds you have watched a game from all 4 sides

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Seeing the ground number thread reminded me that there are a few grounds where I have watched a game from all 4 sides. 'Home' for me is Goldstone and Gillingham although Gillingham is a combination of home and away games. The 2 odd ones are Orient and Bristol City. Orient due to their constant moving of the away stand and Bristol City being both ends for away games and the sides watching as a neutral when working down there. The FA Cup game at Orient completed the set when we got the main stand. (And lost to that bleached hair bloke - Richards?)

I'm sure this will be beaten as I haven't been to many away games since my young, free and single days but I am interested to see if any modern grounds move their away end around enough to complete the set. I guess corners may confuse the issue but all 4 sides must be quite a rare event at a league ground of a team you don't support. Proper Non League grounds don't count as most you can wander round at will.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not many I guess. Certainly did all four sides of the GG and of Withers (took the oportunity to go in the normal away bit when they gave it to us for the Pompey FA Cup game).

Can't think of anywhere else, except I THINK the Old Wembley.

Edit; and the Amex, FFS. Not sure how I forgot that one :dunce:

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sincil Bank - Lincoln, they move the away fans around every season.

First time I believe I went we was in the little small main stand section, second time we was in the big stand opposite, next time we was in the larger end behind the goal and last time we went we were in the small end behind the goal which only caters for 500 or so. Last time was approx 14 years ago I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did four sides of Goldstone and Gillingham. Only three sides of Withdean and The Amex (so far). The other ones I know I've done three sides of are Palace and, oddly, Swindon, only missing out "their" end behind the goal. Not close to another four sider

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Highbury, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge. Upton Park, Orient. Will complete Brentford next week. Craven Cottage, Gillingham....and Bramall Lane

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Gillingham and the Withdean.

I seem to remember one match when I did three sides of Gillingham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here