Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Ground Number ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With Burton Albion being a new ground for everyone as the Albion are yet to play there. I was just wondering for those that are going what number ground will this be that you have seen Brighton play at. (Ground moves count as one each, so Southampton could count as 0, 1 or 2 if you also went to the old Dell as well as the new ground).

With the Albion yo-yoing around the Divisions since the 1970s expect 100 could be easily broken,

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do we include a) grounds that were non-league when we played there but are in the league now, b) grounds that were league when we played there but are non-league now, c) other non-league grounds? d) Grounds where we’ve seen a friendly?

Also does Dean Court after the rebuild and rotation of the pitch count as a new ground?

How about Priestfield as a home and an away ground?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do we include a) grounds that were non-league when we played there but are in the league now, b) grounds that were league when we played there but are non-league now, c) other non-league grounds? d) Grounds where we’ve seen a friendly?

Also does Dean Court after the rebuild and rotation of the pitch count as a new ground?

How about Priestfield as a home and an away ground?

Yes to all (a to d)
Priestfield only counts as one, otherwise you could have Stamford Bridge as 2 (Chelsea away and neutral).
Dean Court count as 1
National Stadiums also count.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If I was going it would be 63...

Edit: I think, just totted it up in my head!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
OK, thanks for the clarification. I think Burton will be my 87th based on those criteria. I'm sure some people will be way over a hundred as that doesn't include any old/new grounds except for Brighton. Quite a few non-league ones though including Sudbury, Kingstonian, Welling and Crowborough.

el punal

And for those of us of a certain age (ahem!) do you remember those tranquil outposts of Workington and Barrow? Although I've seen the Albion play them at the Goldstone, I've never been on an away trip there. Are they still in existence or did they end up like Maidstone Utd by going out of existence altogether?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
With the Albion yo-yoing around the Divisions since the 1970s expect 100 could be easily broken,

Not even that long I started going in 88 and I reckon I've done well over 100 league grounds now all bar a couple with the Albion.

A few years back the company I worked for acquired a company who had a mouthy Palace twerp working for them. Over beers one night he bet me £50 he'd been to more grounds than I had. The following day I worked it out and I'd done 98. He limped in with a not so impressive 60 odd. Dopey **** had forgotten that we spent most of the 00's yo-yo-ing up and down the lower reaches of the football league.

I didn't take £50 off personally I made him give it to charity. We stopped bickering with each other after that and are still good pals now, in fact I'm meeting him for a drink tonight.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Of the current league, I've seen Brighton play at 64 of the club's home grounds in a competitive match. It's interesting that I'm still yet to visit a number of Premier League clubs in any context. I've never been to Old Trafford, Goodison Park, or to see Manchester City or Arsenal at any of their abodes.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And for those of us of a certain age (ahem!) do you remember those tranquil outposts of Workington and Barrow? Although I've seen the Albion play them at the Goldstone, I've never been on an away trip there. Are they still in existence or did they end up like Maidstone Utd by going out of existence altogether?

And Southport.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Burton will be 130 for me, for Albion competitive games down to JPT at grounds where the club was in the league at the time (plus Millenium and Wembley). Further 2 new ones this year will be Cardiff and Rotherham.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Barrow are top of conference north , Workington are one step lower in northern premier league

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
With Burton Albion being a new ground for everyone as the Albion are yet to play there. I was just wondering for those that are going what number ground will this be that you have seen Brighton play at. (Ground moves count as one each, so Southampton could count as 0, 1 or 2 if you also went to the old Dell as well as the new ground).

I've played there, so I'm counting, regardless of any contrary opinion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here