Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove U10s football club

Aug 1, 2006
Anyone know an U10s club close to or in Hove who are friendly, recruiting and will accept a lad who is not yet the next Messi? Friendly and accommodating youth clubs who are not 'win at all costs' are difficult to find in Brighton.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
There are two that i know of. one is Hove rivervale (Dick Pearson 01273 277308 or 07896364935) and the other is hove park colts (http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/hoveparkcoltsfc01). I'm unsure if they are not win at all costs type teams. If you dont mind travelling a liitle distance Woodingdean YFC have a great attitude to having fun and not winning at all costs (yes i am a coach at Woodingdean under 9's) if your interested pm me for contact details

Aug 1, 2006
I know people at both of those and will get in touch (but think they are full). Don't know Woodingdean FC though. Thanks for info. Anyone else know any people at clubs in Brighton who might fit?

Aug 1, 2006
Strangely I always have that feeling people aren't too interested in what I have to say. Social media is like that isn't it. Read the boards regularly though. I think some of my original posts might have gone astray too. sure I have posted on a couple of previous occasions.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Sorry to drop onto this thread but does anyone know if there is a Saturday league as well for u12 age group? Generally can't make Sundays and son wants to play for a club

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know people at both of those and will get in touch (but think they are full). Don't know Woodingdean FC though. Thanks for info. Anyone else know any people at clubs in Brighton who might fit?

Not sure about U10 as my son is U11, but Patcham United is a very well club.

I would speak to [MENTION=1877]supaseagull[/MENTION] though at Mile Oak.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sorry to drop onto this thread but does anyone know if there is a Saturday league as well for u12 age group? Generally can't make Sundays and son wants to play for a club

The only under 12s leagues that do Saturdays now I think are the Horsham and District league and maybe the Arun and Chichester league.

If you go to www.thefa.com/fulltime then enter those league names into the search box in top top right hand corner then they should give you a list of teams. Unfortunately most 9v9 and youth soccer leagues now play on a Sunday- sorry!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have contacts at lots of clubs aswell and I can also help of anyone wants to get their girls into football around Sussex.

Just drop me a pm or on the email address above.

Alternatively if you're from outside of the B&H area then as I'm involved in the Sussex County Women & Girls league as well I can supply contact details for clubs around the Sussex area.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can also vouch for [MENTION=1877]supaseagull[/MENTION] at Mile Oak. We always have an enjoyable match against their U9's.

If that's too far, I manage Fishergate Flyers U9's and all our teams train on Victoria Recreation Ground, Victoria Road on a Saturday morning. I don't know whether our U10's are full or not though.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
The only under 12s leagues that do Saturdays now I think are the Horsham and District league and maybe the Arun and Chichester league.

If you go to www.thefa.com/fulltime then enter those league names into the search box in top top right hand corner then they should give you a list of teams. Unfortunately most 9v9 and youth soccer leagues now play on a Sunday- sorry!

Thanks Supaseagull, very helpful!:clap2:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Hangleton Rangers are a good, progressive club ,that are ran the right way.!They are also FA charter standard! Contact Kevin on 07973175193.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone know an U10s club close to or in Hove who are friendly, recruiting and will accept a lad who is not yet the next Messi? Friendly and accommodating youth clubs who are not 'win at all costs' are difficult to find in Brighton.

You should find that all U10 teams should now not be win at all costs because they are not allowed to play in a league were results are collected or winners trophies awarded. They can play friendlies and up to 3 trophy tournaments.

Aug 1, 2006
You should find that all U10 teams should now not be win at all costs because they are not allowed to play in a league were results are collected or winners trophies awarded. They can play friendlies and up to 3 trophy tournaments.

ha ha, tell the parents and coaches that! no-one likes to play in a losing team and unfortunately this has consequences. whether the results are actually recorded or not, the real test is whether people can enjoy taking part or not and that is really donw to the club ethos IMO

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
ha ha, tell the parents and coaches that! no-one likes to play in a losing team and unfortunately this has consequences. whether the results are actually recorded or not, the real test is whether people can enjoy taking part or not and that is really donw to the club ethos IMO

Hear what you are saying but for U10s it only started this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here