Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barton-050914-l229-1899453_478x359.jpg

Kirsty Barton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:31 5th September 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m a big believer that playing with better players can only help improve your own game"
Kirsty Barton

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Kirsty Barton believes her new team-mates are helping to bring the best out of her, after she scored her first goal of the season against Gillingham at Culver Road last night.Barton set Albion on their way to a 3-1 victory over Gills at Culver Road with a 19th minute opener and says she feels inspired by playing alongside such talented individuals.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “The team itself is really strong at the moment and everyone is fighting for their place.
“In training you’ve got to be on your game 100 per cent all the time, otherwise, there are plenty of players that can take your place.
“That in itself helps everyone be more focused and determined, especially with a new manager coming in this season."

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

She added, “I’m playing alongside some really good players. I’m a big believer that playing with better players can only help improve your own game.“I’m very excited for the rest of the season and there’s still a lot we can improve on and continue to develop over the coming weeks.”
The 22-year-old also revealed that some of her recent shooting practice paid off against the Gills after taking a number of tips from manager James Marrs.
“James and I have been doing extra work on my shooting really, so as the ball came into me I just thought of everything he told me. I shot with the inside of my foot and luckily it went in.
“I’ve managed to put those techniques into practice and hopefully I can chip in with more goals throughout the season.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here