Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should be a cracking atmosphere at Ricoh this evening for Cov's return

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really pleased for their fans, that situation has been so damaging, needless and unnecessary. Shafted by greed and egos, always going to strike a chord with us.

Think they've sold every ticket the police and safety officers would let them, place will be rocking.

Still remember that 'Boys Are Back In Town' game v Mansfield in '99, 6-0, Darren Freeman hat-trick...will they get that lucky with the script v The Gills?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
They had a mare with the ticket selling process. People have been queuing up for hours to buy them as the website couldn't cope. They also cocked up by selling tickets for seats that were too close to the away fans so then had to move them to other parts of the stadium.

Still, I'm glad they are back in Cov but as Bozza pointed out, their troubles are far from over sadly.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now they can start work on trying to remove the board. Glad they are back in Cov though. A good well fought campaign and the first battle has been won.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Must be a NAILED on home win for them tonight and I shall get on MASSIVELY. Reading that article means that things still far from rosy and really there was no need to move from Highfield Road

I preferred Highfield Road, even if it was old fashioned.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I've heard they've sold about 18,000 tickets, and it is a 'sell out', but the ground holds 32,000. What has happened to the other 14,000 seats?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I've heard they've sold about 18,000 tickets, and it is a 'sell out', but the ground holds 32,000. What has happened to the other 14,000 seats?
It may be a situation, simalar to how Elland Road used to be where the stadium holds X ammount but they dont open all the stands for tax reasons.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sisu are obviousy not the owners anyone would want, but I don't think the stadium owners have been totally blameless. The rent they were charging at the outset was robbery, and there were egos there too which stopped this from happening much earlier.

Of course they aren't out of the woods, neither were we in '99 (that's an understatement) but it was a big breakthrough just to break the negotiation logjam get back, and they can build again from here. At least they'll all be in it together again. I went to Sixfields once at the beginning and it was civil war, about 1,000 fans going in and almost as many protesting and telling them not to.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Pretty sure it was police/safety officer restriction. This kind of demand scale is going to while to re-adjust to for all the systems, I imagine.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Said on the radio this morning that they'd lost the safety certificate or part of it so this was being seen as a ramp up event. Health and safety nonsense basically. Shame as by the sounds of things they could have sold the whole lot out.

I'm sure also said Gillingham has 1500, I'm not sure if that meant they'd sold 1500 or been given 1500. I assume the latter? Can't imagine they'd take more than a couple of hundred on a Friday night for a game on telly.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Said on the radio this morning that they'd lost the safety certificate or part of it so this was being seen as a ramp up event. Health and safety nonsense basically. Shame as by the sounds of things they could have sold the whole lot out.

I'm sure also said Gillingham has 1500, I'm not sure if that meant they'd sold 1500 or been given 1500. I assume the latter? Can't imagine they'd take more than a couple of hundred on a Friday night for a game on telly.

I thought I read that they are only renting three sides of the stadium. Sounds strange, but there you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here