Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Hove 13/9/14

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Really looking forward to this rugby match next Saturday.
3pm KO at WATERHALL.

If you're one on the moaners about the corporate side of football at the Amex you should try to go.

Free parking, free admission, pint prices from £3.20 to £3.80, pitchside bar and food, free band afterwards and for £5 there's a post-match unlimited BBQ. The Harveys beer bus usually turns up to this fixture too.

The Corinthian nature of the game is refreshing with the players pretending not to be hurt when they are, rather than the other way around.

Should be a big crowd and great atmosphere. Hopefully see some of you there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'll be there now I know about it. Thanks for posting.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Annoyingly clashes with the Tour of Britain.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Withdean? Not Waterhall?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Ha !!! Sorry. Yes of course I meant at the top of Waterhall. Sorry. Please don't go to Withdean anyone !

PS. Come on Brighton.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Really looking forward to this rugby match next Saturday.
3pm KO at Withdean.

If you're one on the moaners about the corporate side of football at the Amex you should try to go.

Free parking, free admission, pint prices from £3.20 to £3.80, pitchside bar and food, free band afterwards and for £5 there's a post-match unlimited BBQ. The Harveys beer bus usually turns up to this fixture too.

The Corinthian nature of the game is refreshing with the players pretending not to be hurt when they are, rather than the other way around.

Should be a big crowd and great atmosphere. Hopefully see some of you there.

Do you know what.....I just might! :drink:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Ha !!! Sorry. Yes of course I meant at the top of Waterhall. Sorry. Please don't go to Withdean anyone !

PS. Come on Brighton.

I'm glad that was mentioned. I thought they had moved the match.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Might be cancelled due to travellers:

Travellers could be responsible for the postponement of one of Sussex’s biggest rugby fixtures as a club fears for the safety of hundreds of players.

A group of seven caravans have taken over the car park at Brighton Blues Rugby Football Club’s Waterhall Ground ahead of their derby clash with Hove.

With 220 footballers as well as 120 rugby players due to play on Saturday, the club is considering cancelling all fixtures because an ambulance would not be able to access the pitches.

Brighton’s commercial manager Jason Tams said: “If I cannot guarantee the safety of my players and our opposition, I will have no option but to cancel the game.

“The council and the police have been inundated with calls from the club this morning, but nobody seems to want to make a decision.

“This is our biggest fixture of the year – more than 800 people came down last year – and the financial implication of cancelling the fixture would be enormous. We’d lose thousands.

“But we also have 500 juniors due to come down on Sunday for pre-season registration day and the junior football season starts on the bottom pitches.”

Downs Park School have booked the artificial pitch this afternoon, but Mr Tams will advise them to cancel because of abuse the special needs students have received in the past by travellers including having rocks thrown at them.

A Brighton and Hove City Council spokeswoman said they were working with police on a joint assessment of the situation and were factoring in the situation with the rugby fixture.

Mr Tams said: “There will be hundreds of cars parked on the narrow road, and an ambulance just won’t be able to get down there.

“Last Sunday the council closed the car park, and it was absolute mayhem.

“It’ll be the same this weekend if the travellers are still occupying the car park.”

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Travellers could be responsible for the postponement of one of Sussex’s biggest rugby fixtures as a club fears for the safety of hundreds of players.

A group of seven caravans have taken over the car park at Brighton Blues Rugby Football Club’s Waterhall Ground ahead of their derby clash with Hove.

With 220 footballers as well as 120 rugby players due to play on Saturday, the club is considering cancelling all fixtures because an ambulance would not be able to access the pitches.

Brighton’s commercial manager Jason Tams said: “If I cannot guarantee the safety of my players and our opposition, I will have no option but to cancel the game.

“The council and the police have been inundated with calls from the club this morning, but nobody seems to want to make a decision.

“This is our biggest fixture of the year – more than 800 people came down last year – and the financial implication of cancelling the fixture would be enormous. We’d lose thousands.

“But we also have 500 juniors due to come down on Sunday for pre-season registration day and the junior football season starts on the bottom pitches.”

Downs Park School have booked the artificial pitch this afternoon, but Mr Tams will advise them to cancel because of abuse the special needs students have received in the past by travellers including having rocks thrown at them.

A Brighton and Hove City Council spokeswoman said they were working with police on a joint assessment of the situation and were factoring in the situation with the rugby fixture.

Mr Tams said: “There will be hundreds of cars parked on the narrow road, and an ambulance just won’t be able to get down there.

“It’ll be the same this weekend if the travellers are still occupying the car park.”

120 rugby players and 220 footballers should be able to move them on pretty quickly if they are given the freedom to do so. The caravans could be dragged out of the way.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Special needs students being abused and rocks thrown at them.After a summer of awful behaviour I didn't think Travellers could do anything that would shock me,how wrong can you be.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope its on. My uncle has traveled down to Brighton today (from mid-Wales) for this weekends game. There is also a reunion dinner at the club after the match for all the old farts.

Brighton will SMASH Hove if it goes ahead btw.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

****ing dirty p...y scum,

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I cannot see seven caravans full of Travellers being trouble to hundreds of strapping great Rugby players and Footballers plus the crowd.
I think I would fear more for the Travellers welfare and safety to be honest

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I hope its on. My uncle has traveled down to Brighton today (from mid-Wales) for this weekends game. There is also a reunion dinner at the club after the match for all the old farts.

Brighton will SMASH Hove if it goes ahead btw.

Just been texted to say they've departed and to be fair they did it happily once the situation was explained to them.
The game goes ahead which is the most important thing.
I am very biased indeed, but I have to agree. Brighton will utterly destroy Hove (again). The pack was far too much for Hove last year and Brighton have now added real quality to their backs. I'm hoping for a flairtastic massacre.

If you're there before the game come and say hello. We're doing the prawn sandwich stuff beforehand.

I'm rediculously excited about this. Bring. It. On !!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just been texted to say they've departed and to be fair they did it happily once the situation was explained to them.
The game goes ahead which is the most important thing.
I am very biased indeed, but I have to agree. Brighton will utterly destroy Hove (again). The pack was far too much for Hove last year and Brighton have now added real quality to their backs. I'm hoping for a flairtastic massacre.

If you're there before the game come and say hello. We're doing the prawn sandwich stuff beforehand.

I'm rediculously excited about this. Bring. It. On !!!
I'm still in mid-Wales :(

Very envious of you guys witnessing the massacre of Hove.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen a tweet from the club.
After match party at Wahoo (I know. I know) where all pints will be £2 on production of your membership card.
Couldn't think of anywhere worse, but a few swift ones at £2 will be a good start to the evening's celebrations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here