Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-050914-l229-1898947_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
00:09 5th September 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s nice to get the win and it’s a reward for all the work we do on the training pitch. "
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs says there is still more to come from his side after an accomplished 3-1 victory over Gillingham at Culver Road tonight.Albion ensured they began the season with back-to-back victories, but could have made the win even more emphatic after creating a host of chances.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s nice to get the win and it’s a reward for all the work we do on the training pitch.
“For the players, winning is fairly important but for us as coaching staff, we want to knuckle down and analyse where we went wrong and what can we look to improve on in the next game.
“Our finishing and our end product in the final third could have been a whole lot better and players missing the target from five or six yards out is inexcusable. But I haven’t worked on those areas yet so I don’t expect us to be the finished article.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The game saw Kirsty Barton and Lucy Somes score their first goals of the new campaign, alongside a third strike in two games for Fliss Gibbons.Marrs is pleased that the goals are being spread around the team and was delighted to see a large crowd watching the game at the Sussex County FA Headquarters.
“It was a decent goal and a good finish from Kirsty. Lucy has also done well and it was her first goal in a while. She looked really sharp once she settled into the game and I’m pleased that both players got off the mark tonight.
“I’d also like to thank all the supporters that turned up and it was good to see all the youngsters from the centre of excellence here as well.
“It’s always nice for the younger players to see what they're striving for and how we want football to be played in the first-team.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here