Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fascinating documentary. Funnily enough not seeing a lot of issues caused by multiculturalism but plenty caused by English as as first language kids who are disruptive, lazy, have genuine social issues or are obsessed with modern celebrity culture.

No doubt they'll blame the Eastern Europeans and Islam when they fail rather than looking in the mirror. How anyone teaches in those circumstances is beyond me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm watching this and thinking, the teachers at that school need a big pat on the back.

Who calls their kid Tawney? Horrible kid that talks like a complete plank, if I had sworn at a teacher like she did I would have been in serious trouble.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Watching this on +1.

That Tawny kid just said something to the effect of "not being allowed to not have no piercings".

I'm not quite sure what the actual meaning is behind all of those negatives.

Absolute credit to all of the teachers.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fascinating documentary. Funnily enough not seeing a lot of issues caused by multiculturalism but plenty caused by English as as first language kids who are disruptive, lazy, have genuine social issues or are obsessed with modern celebrity culture.

No doubt they'll blame the Eastern Europeans and Islam when they fail rather than looking in the mirror. How anyone teaches in those circumstances is beyond me.

Just like a lot of blacks blame 'racist teachers' and a 'racist system' when their kids fail then, yeah ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just like a lot of blacks blame 'racist teachers' and a 'racist system' when their kids fail then, yeah ?

One trick pony

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bore off you bellend , I can't take you seriously , especially since you made yourself look so stupid over erdington, high level of immigrants , snigger, maybe for a bumpkin like you......

I won't bore off the sad fact is you are a serial racist

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Wonder why they didn't do it in tower hamlets ? You'd really see how wonderful 'multiculturalism is then, Walthamstow isnt even in the east end.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you honestly think I give a toss what you think , you utter, utter drip

Actually you probably do not as a serial racist, it doesn't bother me one iota however I am seriously glad I am not like you.

Notice there is no denial of this either..............

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wonder why they didn't do it in tower hamlets ? You'd really see how wonderful 'multiculturalism is then, Walthamstow isnt even in the east end.

Where is Walthamstow? I don't know London very well but I thought that soppy E17 came from there.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
My wife is a teacher at a senior school ,and she comes across some right sh*ts from every culture ,but she has admitted that kids are using the the racist card more and more if things are not going their way,there is one boy that screams discrimination on a regular basis and has been caught many times lying about it but the school and teachers are petrified of being labeled racist so it goes unchallenged.There are of course a lot more extremely good kids who want an education and have a good deal of respect for people ,but its always the bad ones that get the publicity .

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Walthamstow is in North East London, Never understood why the postcode is not NE17. Saying that though it is more like the suburbs than an inner city area, trust me that the school featured in that series is not representative of east London schools race wise.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Walthamstow is in North East London, Never understood why the postcode is not NE17. Saying that though it is more like the suburbs than an inner city area, trust me that the school featured in that series is not representative of east London schools race wise.

So the programme title was wrong, not even the East End...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

I'm just waiting for someone who lives in Sussex to tell you you're wrong.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So the programme title was wrong, not even the East End...

Technically it is east London, but it's like saying Grove park near me is south London when in fact it is the outskirts. In my sons primary(which is a great school) ove 50% of the kids do not have English as a first language but ten years ago it was on 20%. So as I say at school is not typical of an east London school.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Technically it is east London, but it's like saying Grove park near me is south London when in fact it is the outskirts. In my sons primary(which is a great school) ove 50% of the kids do not have English as a first language but ten years ago it was on 20%. So as I say at school is not typical of an east London school.

Isn't the relevant point not where the school is but where the kids who attend it live? In 2012 it had a "satisfactory" overall OFSTED rating of 3. http://www.bremer.org.uk/assets/Uploads/Ofsted-report-January-2012-2.pdf

Now I'm not a huge fan of OFSTED reports. There is no consistency in the standards required or inspection teams marking them but the fact remains that the majority of parents use them as a quality guide and property bubbles grow around schools with a mark of 1 or 2. Frederick Bremer would be the last choice on most parents' lists or not listed at all, giving it a wide catchment area. You have no better idea of where the kids in that documentary live than I do.

What is a fact is only the other day you likened the whole of East London, which you admit this is in, to Eastern Europe and Asia. What we saw last night was kids with London accents, obsessed with Facebook and the X Factor, disrupting the class for the people who wanted to learn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here