desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29044927
_77350369_77346631.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think the term i read summed them up: over-designed. some may come to be considered iconic in the future as some of the maligned designs of 50's and 60's have.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Portsmouth's Tricorn shopping centre, now gone, was the ugliest building I have witnessed.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Plymouth city hall is a carbuncle, but amazingly it is listed so they cant knock it down, but thankfully it is gradually crumbling away anyway.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It is surprisingly difficult to find a picture that encapsulates all its turd-like ugliness, but I hate the monstrous 'Walkie Talkie' on the north bank of the Thames. Should never have been built - at least certainly not where it is. Completely ruins the London skyline, and dominates Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.

The-London-skyline-014.jpg

walkie-talkie-tower-is-near-tower-bridge.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is surprisingly difficult to find a picture that encapsulates all its turd-like ugliness, but I hate the monstrous 'Walkie Talkie' on the north bank of the Thames. Should never have been built - at least certainly not where it is. Completely ruins the London skyline, and dominates Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.

The-London-skyline-014.jpg

Surely it only ruins the Tof L and TB from the view you've chosen. Stand on London Bridge and it doesn't affect them at all. If you want to complain about something ruining Tower Bridge then look no further than the Tower Hotel. With regard to the skyline, if anything, the Tower Place (Marsh Insurance) is in the worst position as it ruins the view of the London Underwriting Centre and overshadows the Tower of London (still it's better than the Bowring centre it replaced!).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

they complained at the time of design and building Tower Bridge that it wasnt in keeping and ruined the view of Tower of London.

though i do have some sympathy in the case of the Walkie Talkie, i usually like modern towers but i dont care much for this one.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's about 6000 telephone exchanges in the UK and every one of them is ugly as f..k.

For example :
107364_9d759521.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here