Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Mere Mortals Ever Get to Visit the Academy?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For things like watching training or any development team matches or just to lick Sami's office chair?

Anyone?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Development team matches are at Culver Road in Lancing, or occasionally at the Amex.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For things like watching training or any development team matches or just to lick Sami's office chair?

Anyone?

This was asked at the NWSS Q&A last night. It seems that they'd rather keep it as a place for players to train and undergo treatment as necessary out of the public eye.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This was asked at the NWSS Q&A last night. It seems that they'd rather keep it as a place for players to train and undergo treatment as necessary out of the public eye.

I guess at some point they might have a few open training sessions there...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Barber said there was a possibility of the pre-season fans forum being held there next year.

The idea of tours was mooted but because it is in use 7 days a week and personal individual player details are pinned up on various walls in various rooms he didn't think it was right to potentially breach confidentiality.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
1214-2.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You're no mere mortal [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know having a stadium and training place of our own is all new and nice but we need to calm down a bit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I hear it right that PB said it was better than Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea academys. In fact I am sure that he said it was the best in the country having taken the best points from all others.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did I hear it right that PB said it was better than Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea academys. In fact I am sure that he said it was the best in the country having taken the best points from all others.

Yep, Paul Barber stated at the Fans Forum that Albion's academy scored the highest points total in the recent round of audits.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Barber said there was a possibility of the pre-season fans forum being held there next year.

The idea of tours was mooted but because it is in use 7 days a week and personal individual player details are pinned up on various walls in various rooms he didn't think it was right to potentially breach confidentiality.

PB said it was unlikely to have tours due to the confidential information that would be seen this is perfctly understandable.

He did indeed say this. He also said later, in response to a different question, that 150 sets of parents a week went round the academy to assess it for their offspring as part of their decision-making concerning which academy to send their kid too. So, I guess the club:

1) take down all the confidential stuff every time parents go round - which they therefore could do for fans, but won't. OR
2) don't mind parents seeing the confidential stuff - which should therefore apply to fans, but doesn't. OR
3) show parents around only those parts of the facility which doesn't have confidential information on noticeboards - which they could with fans too, but won't.

Come on PB - if you can allow 150 parents a week around the facility, you can allow fans to tour on occasions too.

Unless, of course, it's something other than people seeing confidential information that's stopping you? Something like, it's quite a hassle to organise it - it's worth the hassle to do it for parents because they might send the next Peter Ward to our academy, but not worth it for fans who only, err, spend lots of money on tickets, merchandise and catering.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here