colunga-040914-l229-1897586_478x359.jpg

Adrian Colunga
Image by: Bennett Dean

PUBLISHED
12:44 4th September 2014
by Luke Nicoli
I aim to learn the language quickly and I want to settle as soon as I can."
Adrian Colunga

Adrian Colunga says Brighton & Hove Albion fans will see the best of him once he’s settled in Sussex.The 29-year-old has already made an early impression following two bright performances against Swindon and Charlton, but the former Getafe man insists there’s much more to come.
“Physically I feel good, but when you could be moving here or there and you come somewhere you don’t speak the language, that tires you,” he told Seagull, the club’s matchday programme.
“The language has been a barrier but I hope to start giving interviews in English in two months’ time. I aim to learn the language quickly and I want to settle as soon as I can.
“On the pitch there are different tactical concepts here in terms of things like putting opponents under pressure on the ball and that is maybe where I am going to struggle to start with but I’ll learn as quickly as I can.
“The moment I have stability will have a big effect on what I can do on the pitch and I’ll play better.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Colunga admits his move to the Championship has raised some eyebrows in his homeland, having spent the past few years playing in La Liga, but a new challenge in a new country is his prime motivation for joining the Seagulls.“They’re saying ‘why are you going abroad and to play in the second division?’ but I’m not thinking about the division I’m in,” he adds. “I wanted a challenge and I wanted a team who really wanted me, really had faith in me and Brighton did that.
“I’ve played in La Liga and scored some goals; I’ve set up goals, I’ve played in European competition, I’ve been a professional for eight years, but I like to be hungry for new targets in football. That’s exactly why I’ve done it.”
Buy your copy of Seagull for the home game against Blackpool on September 20 where Lewis Dunk lifts the lids on his life and his impressive start to the season, while Dutch midfielder Danny Holla looks at the differences in football between England and his homeland.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here