Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which is the most PATHETIC football body?

Which is the most PATHETIC football body?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So much choice!

I wonder what the NSC sages think?

Which "organisation" is chiefly responsible for RUINING the game from this country's point of view?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's 2 questions one poll.

FIFA is the most PATHETIC football body, as they set the standard which others copy, god help us all.

The Premier League is the "organisation" is chiefly responsible for RUINING the game from this country's point of view.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
FIFA - Most corrupt
UEFA - Biggest bellend in charge
FA - Most Pathetic
Premier League - Most Corruptive
Football League - Most Spineless

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I am saying the FA just purely because the amount of funding they provide to grassroots is absolutely laughable compared to other European Associations. They then try to palm off the blame for a failing international structure on grassroots coaches, leagues and clubs (which are all run by volunteers).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think thay are all either spineless or just fighting thier own corner to the disadvantage of others. I'd put the PFA in that lot as well. The only body with any semblance of class is the League Managers Association, at least when one of thier number is stitched up, they say so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me the FA is easily the most pathetic, it is effectively a soccer eunuch. Just off the top of my head:

1. The Premier League don't give a monkeys and call the shots in the English game.
2. Parachute payments bugger up their Championship.
3. The "Fit And Proper" test for incoming chairman is a sham.
4. The "Respect" campaign was a shambles.
5. England manager recruitment - another shambles.
6. Lack of qualified coaches in this country a disgrace.
7. The Chairman makes a cut-throat gesture when England draw Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica - just awful.
8. The Chairman suggests a "Premier League B" and then says could help us win the World Cup in Qatar in 2022 - too scary to be a joke.

Whilst there's no denying FIFA is a corrupt, outdated organisation with an odious leader it at least wields power and is to be despised more than pitied.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you did not give us the option of
"all of them"
the two international ones are corrupt
and ours are just plain stupid

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They're not pathetic but the Premier League has/is ruining the game. They don't give a monkeys about anything else than stuffing their own pockets with more and more money

The Football League are the most pathetic. They should have stood up to the Premier league years ago and now they are trying to impose conditions (FFP) on their members that could potentially return everything outside the top tier to amateur status

The FA are little more than an afterthought and are merely an extension of the other international bureaucratic merchants of corruption

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of those in the list I'd say the FA. FIFA, UEFA and the Prem are not pathetic assuming the regular use of the word. In fact I'd say they are probably the opposite. The FA are 'contemptibly inadequate' though. Whilst few of us agree with the other 3 they seem to achieve their own self-fullfilling goals quite well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Jan Molby or Neville Southall for me.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
At a guess I suspect that they have all been a mixture of human beings, some genuinely trying to do their best with what they are given to work with, and a few sadly corrupt others who have helped mess things up. This together with us customers (or are we fans?) choosing to spend huge sums on Sky Football etc (not me btw!). If no one had subscribed to a Sky then a lot of what's happened wouldn't have happened. The huge money comes from our pockets via Sky. Or does it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
For me the FA is easily the most pathetic, it is effectively a soccer eunuch. Just off the top of my head:

1. The Premier League don't give a monkeys and call the shots in the English game.
2. Parachute payments bugger up their Championship.
3. The "Fit And Proper" test for incoming chairman is a sham.
4. The "Respect" campaign was a shambles.
5. England manager recruitment - another shambles.
6. Lack of qualified coaches in this country a disgrace.
7. The Chairman makes a cut-throat gesture when England draw Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica - just awful.
8. The Chairman suggests a "Premier League B" and then says could help us win the World Cup in Qatar in 2022 - too scary to be a joke.

Whilst there's no denying FIFA is a corrupt, outdated organisation with an odious leader it at least wields power and is to be despised more than pitied.

An excellent summary.

At least FIFA are pretty good at being corrupt. They gave the WC to Qatar! Qatar for god's sake. And they still have their jobs!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
no brainer, FIFA, they completely rig World Cup bidding and are run by a dinosaur of a dictator who even gobshite Platini won't take on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here