Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Langridge...Woodingdean seagull.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good morning all

Today at 1 o'clock it is Tony's funeral in Woodingdean.

I know from the many messages that appeared here how pleased and delighted Tony's family are knowing that tony touched so many people through his work with the REMF/ AITC and of course as a life long supporter through thick and thin...and very thin! Of our beloved club.

I hope wherever you are today this lunchtime, you raise a glass of alcohol, orange juice, coffee, tea etc to " one of us" who will be so sadly missed.:bhasign:

RIP tony you will be really missed.

Dave

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I didn't know you Tony, but I will be raising a mug of coffee for you at 1pm.

RIP and thanks for supporting the Albion through the thin x

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Been on golf trips abroad with Tony and saw him at the Albion. Will miss him. Cant make funeral but will raise a cup at 1pm. Thinking about his family and friends. RIP mate

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Rest in Peace Tony, I never had the pleasure of meeting you but my thoughts will be with you, your family and friends at 1 O' clock.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ironically I am in Telford at 1pm where Tony spent so much time working.

Thinking of all gathered there in Woodingdean

R.I.P.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I've just ordered my pint. I was shocked when I heard Tony had passed away. When I read this thread this morning I thought of Tony in my lounge when I gave him my driver and can still see his smile and laugh when telling him about my exploits on the golf course.

He was one of those blokes that you couldn't dislike.Great chap Tony was and just a shame I didn't get a chance to play golf with as I can imagine it would be a pleasure to have his company over 18 holes.

He'll not be forgotten.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Excellent turnout for the big fella today. Easily 150 people in the church. The vicar read out very moving and loving tributes from the family, before moving on to the burial.

Paul Barber, Paul Rogers and Michael Edwards (head of AITC) were all there representing the club, who also sent flowers.

Just left the wake where there was a very respectful gathering, swapping happy tales of Tony, while there were also old pictures of him and his family, including those of a very dapper, sharp-dressed mod from the 1960s.

A fine send-off for a top bloke.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just to echo Al's points.

The service was 100% spot on and his tributes from the family, Linda, Kelly, Katherine and michael, read out by the clergyman were beautiful. It was great to see chris and Eddie and the rest of the family. Tony was blessed having such a great family.

It was really good that the albion were represented and it was great to see so many from Prestonville golf society and REMF and fellow albion fans who I have known for many years.

Who would have thought that tony was one of the original MODs in Brighton with a scooter and all. If the family are ok with it I will try and get hold of his picture on his scooter. Not only was he a WHO fanatic! but also Led Zeppelin....

It certainly was a day to remember.

God bless tony

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just back home.
Couldnt wish for a better send off. As Dave said, The vicar was superb, read out the lovely family tributes, added a touch of humour, and Katherines musical tribute was heartrending.
A truely wonderful farewell, to not only a brilliant brother, but a lovely person, who touched the hearts of every person he came into contact with
Thank you to everybody that has posted such kind words, thanks to everyone that attended the service today and those that sent floral tributes.
Also a big thanks to Dodge, Paul Barber and Micheal Edwards from the club, the wreath from the club addressed to the Langridge family, from everyone at BHAFC, was very touching.

There are not many people that can say that their loved one had 26000 people applaud him, and got an assist for Lewis Dunks goal, stupid OPTA stats show that Danny Holla had an assist.....we all know it was Tony Langridge.
Sleep tight Bruv. X

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
To all that attended yesterday, I would like to say thank you.
I honestly didn't expect to see the church as full as it was. It was lovely to see. I don't think we could of asked for a better send off. The weather was good, the service was lovely and to catch up with so many people was fantastic.
Thank you.
May you now rest in peace Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here