Tweeted by someone/something Palace...

Attachments

• @HLTCO.PNG
    @HLTCO.PNG
    112.1 KB · Views: 2,097

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Feeling pretty old now. I literally have no idea what that means.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Feeling pretty old now. I literally have no idea what that means.

The Albion's media team, via an electronic social media application, called 'twitter', have sent out a message, asking people to select one of two options, to express their personal preference as to whether they should display the words to Sussex By The Sea on the big screens.

Somebody at Palace, via their own account on said social media application, has sought to poke fun at this suggestion, voting in the affirmitive, and encouraging fellow Palace fans to follow suit, to swing the vote in that direction.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The Albion's media team, via an electronic social media application, called 'twitter', have sent out a message, asking people to select one of two options, to express their personal preference as to whether they should display the words to Sussex By The Sea on the big screens.

Somebody at Palace, via their own account on said social media application, has sought to poke fun at this suggestion, voting in the affirmitive, and encouraging fellow Palace fans to follow suit, to swing the vote in that direction.

It's been poked fun at because its an awful tin pot idea

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

Much appreciated. Any chance you could pop round and show me how to use my phone as well :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Having fun poked at it by a club that uses a song by a Tottenham band for goal music...Glad All Over, used by numerous clubs-THAT is tin pot. Sussex By The Sea words on the big screens is a good idea for the young fans who aren't familiar with its origins and significance.

Who gives a flying f*ck what Palace fans think about it? I think we should take every opportunity to remind them (and others) that our club song is unique with some real history. If that includes lyrics on the big screen-let's do it!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Having fun poked at it by a club that uses a song by a Tottenham band for goal music...Glad All Over, used by numerous clubs-THAT is tin pot. Sussex By The Sea words on the big screens is a good idea for the young fans who aren't familiar with its origins and significance.

Who gives a flying f*ck what Palace fans think about it? I think we should take every opportunity to remind them (and others) that our club song is unique with some real history. If that includes lyrics on the big screen-let's do it!
This.

"But, but, but, some childish Palace fan will poke fun at me on the internet..." - give me strength.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Far too many precious people, get embarrassed about far too many pointless things, IMO, like.

Absolutely.

I'd personally be more embarrassed if I spent my time scouring Twitter for news related to a club I don't support. Ditto with going on to their forums. It is beyond pathetic.

upthealbion1970

Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So here is a challenge for you - suggest something better (expecting the answer "anything but this")

Here's an idea - don't put the words on the screens, last time it was awful - try having more technical problems like last Saturday :)

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

Totally agree, how do we vote against if you are an old git that does not know how to use Twitter. I don't care what Palace fans think, although not a lot skill involved to remember the words to 'Glad all over' but it is a truly awful idea, we are a football team playing in a football stadium not a bloody Karaoke bar. Sometimes think the PR of our club needs some attention. We will be asking next if we want goal music and a lone seagull display swooping over the ground before the game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here's an idea - don't put the words on the screens, last time it was awful - try having more technical problems like last Saturday :)

It hasn't been done before.

Except to put "Seagulls, Seagulls" up, which was plain stupid.

Fading the music down after the intro seems the way to go, so people take over and sing. Putting the words up to assist younger fans who don't know them seems sensible. If they offend anyone, don't look at them.

If anyone is worried that the away fans might think it 'cringeworthy', get over it. I suspect they'll actually be impressed with the noise we'll make.

If its some Palace fans on twitter, posting a few lol smilies, about it that is bothering you, maybe you need to get a life.

upthealbion1970

Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

I couldn't give a monkeys cock what any of the Nigels think, putting sing along words on the screens is only 1 step from clackers, goal music and drums IMO.

As I'm not on twitter does that mean I've got more if a life than you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here