Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Locked in!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As I left for work this morning I picked up the wrong set of keys. In most circumstances this would not be the end of the world, nor is it in this case to be fair.

But having just refurbished our porch we have decided to include it as part of the living area of the house. BIG MISTAKE!

Having closed the internal door behind me, Yale lock clicking into place, I discovered my mistake in picking up the back door keys. Mrs Woody had left for work some 40 minutes earlier and is very security conscious and as usual had locked the external door behind her. If this hsd also been a simple Yale lock there would be no problem, simply twist lever, leave house, go to work, make sure I get home later than her.

Oh no! This is the 5 point deadlock found on modern double glazed UPVC doors. I am now sat in my porch neither able to gain entry to my house or to leave my home. The porch is half glazed and south facing, and is already starting to warm up!

Luckily I have my phone. I have rung the Mrs at work who is now doing the 45 minute drive home to release me from my prison!

Think I might amuse myself on NSC for a while, doh![emoji35]

As I left for work this morning I picked up the wrong set of keys. In most circumstances this would not be the end of the world, nor is it in this case to be fair.

But having just refurbished our porch we have decided to include it as part of the living area of the house. BIG MISTAKE!

Having closed the internal door behind me, Yale lock clicking into place, I discovered my mistake in picking up the back door keys. Mrs Woody had left for work some 40 minutes earlier and is very security conscious and as usual had locked the external door behind her. If this hsd also been a simple Yale lock there would be no problem, simply twist lever, leave house, go to work, make sure I get home later than her.

Oh no! This is the 5 point deadlock found on modern double glazed UPVC doors. I am now sat in my porch neither able to gain entry to my house or to leave my home. The porch is half glazed and south facing, and is already starting to warm up!

Luckily I have my phone. I have rung the Mrs at work who is now doing the 45 minute drive home to release me from my prison!

Address? Would like to bring the family along for a gander,COULD POP SOME SNACKS AND PAPER THROUGH THE LETTER BOX!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Address? Would like to bring the family along for a gander,COULD POP SOME SNACKS AND PAPER THROUGH THE LETTER BOX!
Thank you! Unfortunately I converted to the online edition of The Arsegas or I could be reading that right now.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Whatever do you do , don't think about needing to go to the toilet .

Just don't go there , get that thought right out of your head.

I have an image of him pissing out the letter box and also getting a very strange look off the postie!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Whatever do you do , don't think about needing to go to the toilet .

Just don't go there , get that thought right out of your head.

And definitely don't think about needing a sh*t

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Well, if you fancy popping round it'll be cheaper than Drusillas. Don't forget to bring some mars bars and ale as it's feeding time before 9.30am. No flash photography please! :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm out!

No postie, no neighbours, no nothing really! Mrs laughed her socks off of course, work colleagues threatened to pop round for a viewing.

Thanks eveyone, ciao!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
You could have had a great self " chimping " session in
such a small space.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing

As a locksmith I'd have happily come to your aid :thumbsup: at least the Mrs can help and of course save you money !!! Been to a few lock situations like you have experienced to day over the past whereby people have been trapped between the two doors. Lucky you had your phone !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here