Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deluded Hodgson

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
"We'll find it hard to bring attendances back to very high levels because the opponents we're playing won't excite the public," said Hodgson (BBC Sport website)

Er, no Roy - it's because England are s**t and none of the players try, so what is the point
of bothering you misguided moron.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But for meaningful games the opponents, 1966 and 1996 aside, have and always will be lower ranking European teams.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
"We'll find it hard to bring attendances back to very high levels because the opponents we're playing won't excite the public," said Hodgson (BBC Sport website)

Er, no Roy - it's because England are s**t and none of the players try, so what is the point

I thought we had some very good moves in the first half , not a bad 45 minutes , the second half was poor I thought . Never mind it is not that important , Monday is the important one and I am sure we will put on a good display :)

The attendance would be a number of factors , first it's midweek , secondly it is Norway we were playing and thirdly most fans have just paid out a lot of money on new season tickets and a day out at Wembley ain't cheap !

el punal

Quite right. If England had had a decent World Cup then the fans would have come in their droves. Think of the reaction the England team got from the fans after the 1990 tournament. Most English fans want to see a decent England team perform rather than be bothered who the opponents are.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

So very very much this! I would happily travel up to Wembley to watch England play if I thought for a second I would enjoy the experience. But there's not a single member of the squad that I have any interest in and no team captained by that muppet will ever be quality.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They had 63% possession throughout the 90 minutes but the only save Orjan Nyland had to make was a powerful shot from new Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck late on.
But Hodgson said: "Two shots on target? Don't give me that one.
"Don't hit me with statistics. When we had that much possession, and you talk about two shots on target?

:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

To be fair, he's half right - you can't polish a turd. But sadly there were two turds yesterday - England, and the opposition. He's only mentioned one of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think that quote is shocking. And after the game Rooney said he is still learning. Learning what exactly? He should be at his peak now. There were players at the ages of 22 and 23 tearing up the world cup..and the self-styled 'big man' of English football is still learning.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think that quote is shocking. And after the game Rooney said he is still learning. Learning what exactly? He should be at his peak now. There were players at the ages of 22 and 23 tearing up the world cup..and the self-styled 'big man' of English football is still learning.

It's difficult to assimilate information when you only have one brain cell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So very very much this! I would happily travel up to Wembley to watch England play if I thought for a second I would enjoy the experience. But there's not a single member of the squad that I have any interest in and no team captained by that muppet will ever be quality.

442 doesnt inspire either. It's 2014, which decade are you living in Hodgson ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Would you have preferred it if he said he'd learnt everything there is to know about football?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

No Roy, the team you manage won't excite the public.
Again, No Roy. Possession means nothing. You'll miss 100% of the shots you never take.
More shots, more goals.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Roy Hodgson just doesn't have a scooby. How much are we paying him? Whatever it is, it's too much. Completely clueless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would you have preferred it if he said he'd learnt everything there is to know about football?

Someone on 300k a week should have no reason to tell anyone what they know about football. I'd rather he let his football do the talking. Before Japan he arrived late and proclaimed 'the big man is back in town.' Before the recent world cup he said he was going to prove everyone wrong and England could win the world cup. Last night before the game he said "it's a new chapter, this is my moment". Words are quite cheap.

If his football was matched by his bloated idea of himself then we would not be having this discussion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If I was in charge I'd get shot of Rooney and let the young players have a chance. He has done **** all in an England shirt for a decade now. How much longer do you need to give him?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Someone on 300k a week should have no reason to tell anyone what they know about football. I'd rather he let his football do the talking. Before Japan he arrived late and proclaimed 'the big man is back in town.' Before the recent world cup he said he was going to prove everyone wrong and England could win the world cup. Last night before the game he said "it's a new chapter, this is my moment". Words are quite cheap.

If his football was matched by his bloated idea of himself then we would not be having this discussion.

So slag him off if he's arrogant, slag him off if he tries to be humble.

I think he should be dropped too as his performances don't warrant a starting place. I don't pay too much attention to what he says in interviews though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For these relatively meaningless friendlies, the FA should revert to what they were doing whilst Wembley was being rebuilt, and take the games around the country. I reckon there would have been a bigger crowd last night if the game had been played at say Old Trafford.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Roy Hodgson just doesn't have a scooby. How much are we paying him? Whatever it is, it's too much. Completely clueless.
Said this on the day of his appointment but was slagged off by the 'Give 'im a chance' brigade.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here