Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom: I put it as a challenge to you to get more songs, get more atmosphere going.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Do we need to be bolder and edgier with our atmosphere at home games?

"Creating a good atmosphere at the Amex is vital to this football club; it really lifts the players and anything we can do and in particular what you as fans can do to raise the atmosphere as much as possible during the 90 minutes and just before i think is really helpful. I think we should try and get every single possible edge, for the atmosphere, for the football club. And so i put it as a challenge to all of you here (North West Sussex Fans Meeting) and all of you watching at home (link below) that whatever you can do to get into fans groups to get more songs and get more atmosphere going; in particular when the team are struggling on the pitch, we've seen some games that have been amazing at the Amex where the atmosphere is red hot and then we've seen some games when perhaps its raining or people aren't up for it as much; it often means the players do struggle that extra bit; you could say they are professional and should be up for it 100% of the time but we're all human! Take Liverpool on a champions league night their crowd is amazing im not saying we can recreate that but we all should try and make an effort to see what we can do! It does mean that some of you that have time to work as a group to actually do something, we as a club will do whatever we can to assist, but it is a fan led thing and needs to be a fan led thing and over the next 2 to 3 years we can push it on.

(Basically get louder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRNNm6AsRo&list=UUf-cpC9WAdOsas19JHipukA

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
how bout this song for baldock, stolen from west ham:

He has a massive c**k Baldock, Baldock Baldock
he tucks it in his football sock, Baldock Baldock
he swings his c**k around his head, he f**ked a bird and now shes dead,
sam-my Bal-dock Brighton's number 9!

obviously not sung from the east stand I hope

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The cynic in me was thinking what do you expect when you sell Barnes, Ulloa, Bridcutt and Buckley and we lose two or three of our main songs overnight. But he is right.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
how bout this song for baldock, stolen from west ham:

He has a massive c**k Baldock, Baldock Baldock
he tucks it in his football sock, Baldock Baldock
he swings his c**k around his head, he f**ked a bird and now shes dead,
sam-my Bal-dock Brighton's number 9!

obviously not sung from the east stand I hope

I like it!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
a good start and a welcome return would be everyone and i mean everyone in the stadium(he says with rose tinted specs) belting out SEAGULLS everytime we get a corner.

a very unique Albion thing,sadly lost to antiquity which made my hairs stand on end when done well.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Do we need to be bolder and edgier with our atmosphere at home games?

"Creating a good atmosphere at the Amex is vital to this football club; it really lifts the players and anything we can do and in particular what you as fans can do to raise the atmosphere as much as possible during the 90 minutes and just before i think is really helpful. I think we should try and get every single possible edge, for the atmosphere, for the football club. And so i put it as a challenge to all of you here (North West Sussex Fans Meeting) and all of you watching at home (link below) that whatever you can do to get into fans groups to get more songs and get more atmosphere going; in particular when the team are struggling on the pitch, we've seen some games that have been amazing at the Amex where the atmosphere is red hot and then we've seen some games when perhaps its raining or people aren't up for it as much; it often means the players do struggle that extra bit; you could say they are professional and should be up for it 100% of the time but we're all human! Take Liverpool on a champions league night their crowd is amazing im not saying we can recreate that but we all should try and make an effort to see what we can do! It does mean that some of you that have time to work as a group to actually do something, we as a club will do whatever we can to assist, but it is a fan led thing and needs to be a fan led thing and over the next 2 to 3 years we can push it on.

(Basically get louder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRNNm6AsRo&list=UUf-cpC9WAdOsas19JHipukA

I put it to you Tony to take a look at your safety officer, the management of the stewards and his utterly pompous and arrogant treatment of the fans of this and other clubs. Anyone who read Chris Baker's email to the Bognor fans will understand.

The treatment of supporters at the Amex kills the atmosphere. It's really quite simple.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I put it to you Tony to take a look at your safety officer, the management of the stewards and his utterly pompous and arrogant treatment of the fans of this and other clubs. Anyone who read Chris Baker's email to the Bognor fans will understand.

The treatment of supporters at the Amex kills the atmosphere. It's really quite simple.
This.... I sit it in the East upper (not known for it's atmos I know) and was warned last season by a steward for shouting too loudly, not swearing but shouting. Shouting too loudly at a football match whatever next!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
a good start and a welcome return would be everyone and i mean everyone in the stadium(he says with rose tinted specs) belting out SEAGULLS everytime we get a corner.

a very unique Albion thing,sadly lost to antiquity which made my hairs stand on end when done well.
I think sadly that in recent seasons, a corner is just seen as an opportunity to have a pee or get a cuppa, nothing to see here.......... tends to dampen the enthusiasm somewhat.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've thought about this a lot. Being that I'm never one to start chants, but the first one to declare one as being shit, I'm probably in the same boat as most.

The vast majority of new chants are started at away games, it's just easier for all of the "song maker upperers" to congregate. And despite it being a bit dull, I think to get new songs circulate at a place like the Amex, you need some sort of co-ordination.

I'd like to see a song idea section on NSC, threads for each player, team or whatever where we can thumbs up/down ideas. The best ones could have the lyrics printed out and song sheets handed out at games. The issue with what we've got currently is that every week there's a new song thread which starts a new conversation and the good ideas get lost in the ether. If there's a proper way of submitting song ideas it would be much easier for people to get inspiration.

It all sounds a bit formal and I've no idea how it would actually work in practice (especially the printing bit), but it's not as daft as it sounds. The reason the atmosphere at European matches is so electric is that their fans PRACTICE their chants. They have leaders who conduct the crowd. It doesn't happen by accident.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a fine and dandy sentiment but it does rather go against the ethos of Albion fans.

Contrary to popular rose tinted belief The Goldstone was like an all faith church that occasionally let the 'happy clappers' in, sound familiar, while the Withdean was a library.

Of the last 40 years it must work out that 30 of them have been played in comparative silence, 5 in a good atmosphere and 5 years in a red hot atmosphere, as dictated by the opposition fans.

So unless the club propose faking it, a la up the road, then it's stuck with reactive fans (palace, Barnsley, Calde substitution) over proactive ones (sorry no example)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That's a fine and dandy sentiment but it does rather go against the ethos of Albion fans.

Contrary to popular rose tinted belief The Goldstone was like an all faith church that occasionally let the 'happy clappers' in, sound familiar, while the Withdean was a library.

Of the last 40 years it must work out that 30 of them have been played in comparative silence, 5 in a good atmosphere and 5 years in a red hot atmosphere, as dictated by the opposition fans.

So unless the club propose faking it, a la up the road, then it's stuck with reactive fans (palace, Barnsley, Calde substitution) over proactive ones (sorry no example)

The thing is, like it or not. "faking it" has worked absolute wonders for Palace. We don't need clackers, tinfoil and 14 year old wannabe Danny Dyers, just make our home support a bit more like our away support.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the atmosphere will be better this season, the style of football will help. It was difficult to cheer a chess match

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is, like it or not. "faking it" has worked absolute wonders for Palace. We don't need clackers, tinfoil and 14 year old wannabe Danny Dyers, just make our home support a bit more like our away support.
Yep.

Everyone (rightly) hates the idea of faking it, but nobody (myself included) is prepared to make the noise that will stop goal music, loud speaker chanting, drums etc, from being introduced.

el punal

This.... I sit it in the East upper (not known for it's atmos I know) and was warned last season by a steward for shouting too loudly, not swearing but shouting. Shouting too loudly at a football match whatever next!
Really! Did you wake anyone up? If you did, that's very inconsiderate of you. As a by the by does the East Upper have quiet zones like you get on trains? :yawn: :lolol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The stewards need to be aware of this request then, in the last 3 years they have seemingly targeted the more "boisterous" supporters and either had them moved to "quieter" areas of the ground or removed completely.

They don't appear to be on the same page.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here