Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Stones

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WHO?

Anyone else experienced for the first time in their lives, someone playing for England they didn't know and hadn't heard of? Or has my general football mojo got so low and I should have heard of him? I didn't even know who he played for!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Me either - but he seems to be doing alright atm. Rooney on the other hand....

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Believe he was snapped up by Everton from Barnsley. Not surprised you haven't heard of him don't think he's a regular starter for Everton.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
He was quality for Everton last season. Good player.

If you want to know who is going to be in the England squad, start watching match of the day!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He won his first cap in one of England's pre-World Cup friendlies. Pay attention at the back!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He played for Barnsley when we beat them 5-1 at the Amex. He was terrible and should have been sent off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
If Martinez and Everton continue to develop him well we could have a top class player. He's comfortable on the ball and defensively good. I was dissapointed to see him start at full back tonight.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If Martinez and Everton continue to develop him well we could have a top class player. He's comfortable on the ball and defensively good. I was dissapointed to see him start at full back tonight.

It was the only way he was going to get into the XI i think; we've got a few decent CBs but all our RBs are shite.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stones is one of the few young English players that excites me. Looks to be a good prospect.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am now going to be grumpy and miserable.

The England team tonight was pathetic. Maybe not the first eleven as such, but the subs who came on were absolutely shocking. Delph, Milner, Lambert, Welbeck, Jagielka... all of these players are not worthy of wearing the England shirt in a professional game. Not one of them should be in the squad, let alone on the pitch and it's because of rubbish like this that we were third best ranked in a World Cup group we finished 4th in. Players like Joe Hart and Danny Sturridge are so much better than some of the dross they're surrounded by, it's painful to watch. John Stones is a decent player, he should be in the under 21s though. Sadly, there's such a shortage of quality players that he not only gets in the squad, but starts the match! With Calum Chambers, the only GENUINELY good young player coming through other than Luke Shaw, sat on the bench watching Phil Jones have a go at playing centre back.

But the biggest problem is that the players selected tonight were the best available. And they're average on their best day. The team tonight was dire, and the subs bench was depressing and the future is brown.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I am now going to be grumpy and miserable.

The England team tonight was pathetic. Maybe not the first eleven as such, but the subs who came on were absolutely shocking. Delph, Milner, Lambert, Welbeck, Jagielka... all of these players are not worthy of wearing the England shirt in a professional game. Not one of them should be in the squad, let alone on the pitch and it's because of rubbish like this that we were third best ranked in a World Cup group we finished 4th in. Players like Joe Hart and Danny Sturridge are so much better than some of the dross they're surrounded by, it's painful to watch. John Stones is a decent player, he should be in the under 21s though. Sadly, there's such a shortage of quality players that he not only gets in the squad, but starts the match! With Calum Chambers, the only GENUINELY good young player coming through other than Luke Shaw, sat on the bench watching Phil Jones have a go at playing centre back.

But the biggest problem is that the players selected tonight were the best available. And they're average on their best day. The team tonight was dire, and the subs bench was depressing and the future is brown.

I heard there were 11 current internationals out injured, so some on the bench tonight are unlikely to have much of a future. I agree, a very thin squad atm. Like Sterling and Sturridge though, and if Walcott ever gets fit that is a rapid front 3. Regrettably Rooney has a free pass now. Lallana also to come back who I think is excellent. Not worldbeaters, but we're not that awful either, IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here