Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100% conversion rate

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to BBC stats, in our last 3 championship games at home, the opposition have had a total of 4 shots on target. All these shots have resulted in goals. Whilst I applaud the team for limiting the opposition to just 4 shots on target in 270 minutes of football, is there any way we can stop conceding each time a rival player hits the target? If those 4 shots had not resulted in goals (like our own invariably do) we'd be on 10 points. We may look back at this if we finish 7th or 3rd (or 22nd god forbid) by a small margin. Can we please stop this 1 shot on target = 1 goal stat please. Thanks a lot.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And I thought this was going to be a thread about Doug Loft.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
According to BBC stats, in our last 3 championship games at home, the opposition have had a total of 4 shots on target. All these shots have resulted in goals. Whilst I applaud the team for limiting the opposition to just 4 shots on target in 270 minutes of football, is there any way we can stop conceding each time a rival player hits the target? If those 4 shots had not resulted in goals (like our own invariably do) we'd be on 10 points. We may look back at this if we finish 7th or 3rd (or 22nd god forbid) by a small margin. Can we please stop this 1 shot on target = 1 goal stat please. Thanks a lot.

There was a graphic the other day showing where our shots were and where the ones off target were (possibly last matchday thread) - be intersting to get one for all of the oppositions efforts against us for the season to date.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Interesting stat. If we'd also scored all our on-target shots, we'd have beaten Sheffield Weds :)lol:) 3-1, Bolton 11-1 (yeah, it was a close game, Dougie!) and Charlton 4-2.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not convinced the stat is right, to be honest. Certain Stockdale made a save, low to his right, in the first half against Wednesday.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not convinced the stat is right, to be honest. Certain Stockdale made a save, low to his right, in the first half against Wednesday.

I agree. I often question the BBC stats after a game but I have no idea how or by whom they are calculated.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree. I often question the BBC stats after a game but I have no idea how or by whom they are calculated.

Probably done by the match sponsors who choose the MOTM then.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Decent keeper may help. Whoops this could be controversial.

Whilst I do think Stockdale is going to be a very good keeper for the Albion and don't get me wrong I do rate him. I am yet to be convinced of his shot stopping as I have not seen him pull off any decent saves yet.

However, on his overall game play he is very good. His calmness on the ball and distribution is probably the best I have seen from any Albion keeper (including Kuipers ... snigger) and better than most premiership goal keepers. I also admire his honesty and he comes across as a very level headed and likeable character.

I think we have a decent keeper here! Just think his match sharpness will come with more games, because even to his own admission he hadn't played as much 1st team games as he would have liked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here