Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Adams

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
New album out on Monday. Is he only good, or do any NSCers detect greatness? Are any of you going to see him in concert during his UK tour? I've been so caught up with Jackson Browne and Bruce Springsteen over the years, I fear that I might have missed something truly exceptional here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Heartbreaker is a quite fantastic album. Although I don't know the rest of his output that well -- apart from Gold, which I don't like -- that really is a stunning album, especially if you like Americana. It features Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings on it too -- their output (under her name) is great too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Decent. Unlike Machiavelli, I quite liked Gold.

Definitely worth a look. You can currently get Heartbreaker AND Gold (used CDs) for less than £4 total, on Amazon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm seeing him at the Brighton Centre next week.

:jester:

[yt]9f06QZCVUHg[/yt]

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm a big fan of Whiskeytown and his solo career. I thought Ashes and Fire was a return to form so hopefully the new album carries this on.

His playing the Camden Roundhouse in London soon as part if the I tunes music festival.

Bermondseygull

Jul 6, 2014
Down by the river
He's cracking, hoping to see him in London if I can get tickets (huge number got snapped up by ticket touts it seems). He's been criticised for putting out too much material and not giving it enough quality control, and especially a few of his last albums I haven't had much time for, but certainly Gold (his most mainstream one), Heartbreaker, Demolition and Love is Hell are great examples of post-Springsteen/Elton John rock. I've listened to the first few tracks off the latest album and liked it a lot.

Never managed to see him in the past, but apparently he used to be a great live act, back when he was an alcoholic. Now he's all sober, not sure what to expect. As long as the music's still good though, I say good for him

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Didn't Ryan Adams have someone thrown out of one of his gigs.........for asking for Summer of 69?

I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

Good on him, I say :)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Didn't Ryan Adams have someone thrown out of one of his gigs.........for asking for Summer of 69?

I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

Good on him, I say :)
Quite right! My rock star name is Elvis Resly. When I' doing a gig I get sick and tired of idiots who shout out, 'Hound Dog, Blue Swede Shoes and Heartbreak Hotel!' PHILISTINES!

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
There's quality on all his albums, although due to his prodigious output over the years it can get a bit watered down on certain albums. Like some have mentioned; i prefer his Whiskeytown albums if pushed but honorable mentions for Heartbreaker, Love Is Hell, Easy Tiger and Fire And Ashes. The new one's a grower too.
I have no opinion of Bryan Adams, least not one that could be posted here.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here