Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BLOOM PLEASED AFTER SUMMER WINDOW

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Tony Bloom says that this summer’s transfer window was the most challenging one since taking over as chairman at Brighton & Hove Albion - but is delighted with the work undertaken.He told seagulls.co.uk, "It was certainly a different sort of transfer window for us, it was the toughest I've has in my five years as chairman.
"It wasn't easy, it was a difficult start but the relief was that on the last day I was in meetings and then I was out in the pub in the evening and I didn't get a phonecall!
"It was always going to be more difficult in a World Cup year; it was also more difficult because we had a change in manager and we had to understand what Sami needed.
hypl229-1642397.jpg

"He had to be comfortable with the players and it was absolutely key that we’re getting in the players that fit his style of play, but we certainly expected to have one or two more signings in place at the start of the season.
"On top of that we didn't expect either Solly March or Dale Stephens to miss the start of the season, so it was really difficult for everyone including Sami, but he handled it extremely well.
"We're delighted to be in the position we’re in as I said all along, but with peaks and troughs along the way. We have a very good squad and one which I think has a very good chance of success this season."

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Bloom was reluctant to sell last season's top scorer Leo Ulloa, buts says the fee received for the Argentine aided the club on and off the field."We did sell some of our high profile players at a very good price, we didn't want to lose our best players, but we got a tremendous offer for Leo and good luck to him."
"He was desperate to play in the Premier League and we were not going to stand in his way as long as we get the right deal."
ulloa-l229-1495440.jpg

Bloom added, "Would we have liked him to stay at Brighton? Yes, but at that money and if the player wants to go, you can't stand in their way.
"We've just got to make sure we get the best possible deal for the football club. We invest some of that money but we didn't spend it all, and some went on the huge costs we have here.
"It helps with financial fair play, but it’s not the main thing. We lose a lot of money each year, approximately £10 million so if we reduce those losses and have a very good squad then that’s even better."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here