cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
"we are playing Watford soon and I am looking forward to the game"

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
"we are playing Watford soon and I am looking forward to the game"

As I said on another thread... TB gets asked at the very end about Oscar coming back to be Watford boss. I get the feeling he is rightly pissed off about it. It's not what he says, more about what he does not say.

Every time I listen to an interview with him, he just comes across as a sensible bloke who has the best interests of this football club at heart. I cant think of any reason why I would not trust him to run our football club and I am incredibly grateful that he does. TB :bowdown:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I feel the future of this football club is safe in the hands of Bloom, though I have always said, Barber OUT!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thoughtful, measured and insightful comments from TB. Fans who DEMAND to know our transfer policy on a day to day basis will be disappointed at TB made it clear he puts the club's interests before those of the fans thirst for information.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thoughtful, measured and insightful comments from TB. Fans who DEMAND to know our transfer policy on a day to day basis will be disappointed at TB made it clear he puts the club's interests before those of the fans thirst for information.

Quite. It was good too that he acknowledged that he had hoped to have a couple of players in before the season had started, but that things just hadn't worked out that way. He's a class act.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
As I said on another thread... TB gets asked at the very end about Oscar coming back to be Watford boss. I get the feeling he is rightly pissed off about it. It's not what he says, more about what he does not say.

Every time I listen to an interview with him, he just comes across as a sensible bloke who has the best interests of this football club at heart. I cant think of any reason why I would not trust him to run our football club and I am incredibly grateful that he does. TB :bowdown:

Although can't help feeling the way the Oscar situation ended up was for the best. He didn't seem to understand the long term strategy of the club, or didn't want to (like his predecessor) and created tensions as a result.

Sami on the other hand seems fully on board and came across as relaxed and positive even when things were tricky at the beginning of the window.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
"If he is contracted to another club... you've gotta agree a transfer fee...which can be complicated - particularly if a club doesn't want him to come to Brighton for an arrray of reasons."

Ward? Wolves not wanting him to leave for a potential play-off chasing rival?

Clayton? Wasn't in Huddersfield's interest given they were chasing Middlesbrough's Butterfield?

Any other teams that wouldn't want us to sign their players?

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
"If he is contracted to another club... you've gotta agree a transfer fee...which can be complicated - particularly if a club doesn't want him to come to Brighton for an arrray of reasons."

Ward? Wolves not wanting him to leave for a potential play-off chasing rival?

Clayton? Wasn't in Huddersfield's interest given they were chasing Middlesbrough's Butterfield?

Any other teams that wouldn't want us to sign their players?

I hear Barcelona did not want to sell Leo Messi to us

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Although can't help feeling the way the Oscar situation ended up was for the best. He didn't seem to understand the long term strategy of the club, or didn't want to (like his predecessor) and created tensions as a result.

Sami on the other hand seems fully on board and came across as relaxed and positive even when things were tricky at the beginning of the window.

As of the 3rd of september.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

I think I remember TB saying that Oscar was not happy managing in the championship as it was not for him. I imagine after the Gus situation another drawn out manager spat was the last thing we needed, so a mutual agreement to break the contract was better for both sides. Now if Oscar really did say that and now is managing in the Championship with another club. I can imagine TB would like to punch him on the nose.

I have no idea who said what to who, but with Oscar's track record for not honouring his contract, I am going to hedge my bets that TB is the more trust worthy one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting interview, nothing earth-shattering in it but, once again, he comes across as being in control, rational, realistic, cautiously optimistic and positive.

He only deviates when asked about Oscar and, given Tony's fairly stable track record, you really wonder how they fell out as they did. Oscar's move to Watford less than 4 months after leaving us shows living in the South of England was certainly not the problem.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
As of the 3rd of september.

True. But it's the fact he actually said positive things to the effect of 'don't panic, it'll be ok, I'm not worried and I trust the team here' when things were looking dicey regarding getting the right players in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most I remember from our last two managers is a kind of grim silence at similar times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel the future of this football club is safe in the hands of Bloom, though I have always said, Barber OUT!
That's the logic Tony is fighting.

He must have days when he thinking 'go f**k yourselves' and day dreams about putting a giant padlock over his stadium and fecks off to Australia.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He also acknowledges as a 'fan' he too would be frustrated at not knowing the behind the scenes activity during transfer windows. But as we all know, where TB can deliver, he does.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It did get very embarrassing on here with people demanding sackings because players not being signed. it's early days to say if we are a stronger squad than last year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here