Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Not over Yet: Free Agent Transfer Deals

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not over Yet: Free Agent Transfer Deals

Are there are any good players out of a job?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's complete bullshit.

So...why is a top quality keeper suddenly without a job, when it was pretty strongly hinted in the Argus that he had interest from Prem clubs, so certainly wouldn't struggle to get a new contract somewhere...?

I'm not saying I believe the rumour, but SOMETHING is very fishy about the whole thing...

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
So...why is a top quality keeper suddenly without a job, when it was pretty strongly hinted in the Argus that he had interest from Prem clubs, so certainly wouldn't struggle to get a new contract somewhere...?

I'm not saying I believe the rumour, but SOMETHING is very fishy about the whole thing...

It's not that fishy. He will be on big wages, wages that only top championship clubs and prem can afford. As he's a free agent those clubs that can afford him don't need to rush around, they've probably been waiting until they've sorted out their main business. Also remember when he was here how he kept saying he wanted to play prem football, he's probably being really picky about where he goes next.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

TK still wants top dollar; Championship sides are struggling to meet FFP so can't afford him, and Premiership sides don't see him as good enough to be a top level No 1. The stuff about other sides being interested was just an agent's bluff to get us to offer terms for fear of losing him. Turns out we didn't really care. All the affair rumours are utter, utter fiction.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Has no interest in playing football any more. His demeanour in 2014 spelt this out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here