algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Come back in 6 months time

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Neither made the bench Saturday if I remember correctly.

COG started the first game of the season, worked hard, but IMO doesn't look good enough.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't really been used.

I think they are both 'Plan B' players

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't even carry the drinks last Saturday.

However, Sami wants to rotate the squad, keep people on their toes and play horses for courses. If we succeed this season then I reckon both will have had a moment or two towards it.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think Paddy could be a tidy little player. Once we really kick into our season, we are going to need the whole squad, especially if we have 2 decentish cup runs. Give them a chance to bed in, then judge?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Both good alternative options. We don't use a big target man type striker, but if we ever wanted or felt the need to, we have COG to play that role. McCourt I assume is on pretty low wages, and is an option who gives us something very different to anything else we have. Neither will play much I don't think, but they're good squad players. We have great strength in depth now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Cheers lads. Think you're unlikely to see COG much if he's expected to be a target man. I'm not saying he isn't 'a target' but he's much more than that. Or, he was for us. Funny thing is (and yes I know we're a level down now) we've now recruited four strikers all of differing qualities with the money we got for COG, and I'd rather these four here than just COG. If you get my drift?

Paddy is so good (in short spells) that he's ideal on a bench for ANY team anywhere. Seriously. So long as he gets enough game time, I guarantee he stuns you at least once with something magical that you've never seen before. But play him regularly and the opposition will double mark him, he'll pick up a knock and he'll look the laziest lad ever.

You seem to be on the up after a shocking start against Wednesday. Good luck to you.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cheers lads. Think you're unlikely to see COG much if he's expected to be a target man. I'm not saying he isn't 'a target' but he's much more than that. Or, he was for us. Funny thing is (and yes I know we're a level down now) we've now recruited four strikers all of differing qualities with the money we got for COG, and I'd rather these four here than just COG. If you get my drift?

Paddy is so good (in short spells) that he's ideal on a bench for ANY team anywhere. Seriously. So long as he gets enough game time, I guarantee he stuns you at least once with something magical that you've never seen before. But play him regularly and the opposition will double mark him, he'll pick up a knock and he'll look the laziest lad ever.

You seem to be on the up after a shocking start against Wednesday. Good luck to you.
Cheers. Did Paddy resemble an (extremely gifted) old man when he played for you? Or is this a new thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Cheers for the good wishes. The bit I've turned bold is why Lua Lua comes off the bench although he is in no way lazy (and doesn't look it). A very interesting point for Brighton fans though. If we're in the last 20 minutes there is simply no way a tired opposition will be able to double team McCourt, Lua Lua and Portuguese Tex. We may score a lot of late goals which will make a nice change from the early years under Gus when we always seemed to concede them. Don't leave early chaps.

EDIT - and before anyone says we wouldn't have them all on the pitch we finished with Colunga, Lua Lua, Baldock and Teixeira on the pitch on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here