Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More WINDOWS help needed please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle C objected to my previous post so have started nnew thread as I am having problems with Windows 8.1 and its functions.

How can I find out the date programs were installed using windoews 8.1 I want to uninstall some programs but not sure which it is that need to come off. On other windows like 7 XP etc it shows installation date on control panel listing of programs but not on 8.1 as I can see.

Jul 7, 2003
Uncle C objected to my previous post so have started nnew thread as I am having problems with Windows 8.1 and its functions.

How can I find out the date programs were installed using windoews 8.1 I want to uninstall some programs but not sure which it is that need to come off. On other windows like 7 XP etc it shows installation date on control panel listing of programs but not on 8.1 as I can see.

If you take 8.1 into Desktop mode you should find all of the old programs you are used to such as Control Panel and Administrative Tools

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Have you tried asking on that football rumours site ?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
It is in the control panel, go to uninstall programs and it has the date when they were installed on there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Windows 9 will be more user friendly.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's all there......

BG.JPG

NB...stick with non-rip off Windows :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is in the control panel, go to uninstall programs and it has the date when theyootball were installed on there.
I couldnt find it but as you said it was there I tried more options and it appearred, many thanks for your help.

Back to football rumours:lolol:

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Thinking of upgrading my desktop. Is it worth waiting for W9? Or will it be beta disaster for about a year?

Every new Windows build is buggy, slow and unfriendly until the first service pack drops. Generally, if a new version is out it means it's a great time to pick up the one before it..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you take 8.1 into Desktop mode you should find all of the old programs you are used to such as Control Panel and Administrative Tools

I tend to be in Desktop mode most of the time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thinking of upgrading my desktop. Is it worth waiting for W9? Or will it be beta disaster for about a year?

Every new Windows build is buggy, slow and unfriendly until the first service pack drops. Generally, if a new version is out it means it's a great time to pick up the one before it..

This. Probably best to wait for W9.1. Whenever that will be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here