Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Does Andy Naylor of The Argus really have refer to Dunk's court case everytime he writes an article on him? He has done it again today.

Dunk was found not guilty so that should be the end of it. Leave the lad alone, let him put it behind him & concentrate on what hopefully will be a great season for him.

End of moan!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
That's the problem with naming suspects in cases like this- you are inevitably tarred regardless of the outcome. So wrong. Understand it where there is further suspicion of other victims coming forth but this clearly wasn't the case here.

Naylor should be far more empathetic to a young man who he'll likely need to talk to as part of his profession. If I was Dunk I'd tell him to **** off next time he asks a question.

That's the problem with naming suspects in cases like this- you are inevitably tarred regardless of the outcome. So wrong. Understand it where there is further suspicion of other victims coming forth but this clearly wasn't the case here.

Naylor should be far more empathetic to a young man who he'll likely need to talk to as part of his profession. If I was Dunk I'd tell him to **** off next time he asks a question.

This.

Mud sticks, and Naylor is ensuring it does.

Tosser.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why not? It clearly affected his form for the best part of 18 months so is relevant.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Why not? It clearly affected his form for the best part of 18 months so is relevant.

Its the connotations of it. Would you want your name constantly linked with a trial of that nature, for which you had been found not guilty of? All Naylor needs to write is 'following a difficult year which saw a drop in form' for example.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunk went into a room, and went to sleep on the floor. That's all he ****ing did! Naylor is a ****ing ****.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
point does not change. It's history, move on!

Agreed. Not all the football pieces or profiles should necessarily refer to the 2 court cases from 2013. Cases that weren't covered by Andy Naylor in 2013 but other Argus reporters.
And The Argus pieces in recent months that do mention Dunk , by Naylor above, don't in fact mention the cases either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here