Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ebay item beware - Albion adidas top

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm just trying to be helpful here so please don't take this any other way. I just spotted this item on eBay and I believe it to be not all it seems, so rather than an Albion fan buying it and being disappointed I thought I'd share with you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-A...188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed627fbbc

I was told by an extremely well connected collector that an item I bought from this seller recently was 100% faked/mocked up. When I put this to the seller he didn't argue, or offer any explanation, he just refunded my money. It may well be an Adidas top of the correct era, but it is my belief the Brighton badge is a recent addition. I say this because I was told that this seller does this all the time, they find old football tops/shirts/jerseys and then have a stock of embroidered badges which they apply to the tops, and try to pass them off as originals.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
They put up Robbo with a badge that has The Seagulls on it whereas they have stuck on an lopsided 'FC'
Give negative feedback even tho you have money back

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I like it! Won't bid on it, though. Probably would have if they hadn't been deceptive about it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe the OP hasn't done this. :shrug:

Once you've logged a case with ebay, and the money is refunded, the case is closed and I don't believe you can leave feedback. I did report the item as having been fake, however, I guess the seller is subtle enough with his descriptions now to ensure he doesn't really suggest his items are anything but 'a vintage top with a [teamname] badge on it'.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Just checked the refunded item in my eBay history, and as I thought, not possible to leave feedback.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
could be wildly wrong but did we even have a tracksuit that colour/design in that period? thought they were nearly always two tone affairs

and maybe i need better specs but photo 1 and 2 show NO neck tag on the inside but one has appeared in photo 4(where you cant see the rest of the top)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
could be wildly wrong but did we even have a tracksuit that colour/design in that period? thought they were nearly always two tone affairs

and maybe i need better specs but photo 1 and 2 show NO neck tag on the inside but one has appeared in photo 4(where you cant see the rest of the top)

As I said, I believe this seller regularly peddles this sort of stuff, look at his other items, he even admits that he can find no record of their use by the respective club in the past, and puts them down to possibly being samples. I was taken in by this, but when I contacted a friend of mine at the National Football Shirt Collection he told me in no uncertain terms that the stuff he sells is all 'mocked up', and that he has been reported on more than one occasion.

Jul 7, 2003
Might be wrong but I don't remember our badge having 'FC' on its own at the bottom of the outer circle

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
This was the top we wore in the early 80s
1b1a20f39f2c95cd491813ede336944c.jpg

The cup final top had three horizontal stripes across the chest

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Just checked the refunded item in my eBay history, and as I thought, not possible to leave feedback.

Very strange - eBay only stop buyers leaving feedback where either goods haven't been paid for or the seller wins a 'case' brought by a buyer. There is a time limit though within which feedback must be left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here