Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Cricket team

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Ashes: Lost 5-0, 4-1 and 3-0

World T-20: Lost to the Netherlands

Sri Lanka at home: Lost 3-2 and 1-0

India: Won the tests due to some pathetic Indian batting/ fielding but now 3-0 down in the ODI's...

Can it get any ****ing worse?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ashes: Lost 5-0, 4-1 and 3-0

World T-20: Lost to the Netherlands

Sri Lanka at home: Lost 3-2 and 1-0

India: Won the tests due to some pathetic Indian batting/ fielding but now 3-0 down in the ODI's...

Can it get any ****ing worse?

Probably not. I really thought we might have turned the corner after the test series but the ODI series has been awful.

larus

I think the T20 squad needs to reflect more attacking batsmen.

The one day team should not have Cook playing nor Bell (and I'm a fan of Bell), but he doesn't have the ability to take on an attack.

The test team relies too much on Anderson and Broad for the wickets. I'm not sure if Ali is the solution as the spin option, although he has made a good start. Just not convinced yet. The backup bowlers of Woakes, Stokes, Jordan just aren't at test level. The scores in the test series flattered us; by this I mean India were really very poor and lacking in confidence.

Overall, we currently have too many good players, but very few game changing/great players. Butler is in that mould,( and I'm pleased Prior decided to step down and have surgery,) but we don't have the players now who will intimidate either a bowling attack or batsmen. Anderson is good in seamer friendly conditions, but not as good now when it's not doing so much.

Overall, this to me is a transitional period as the rest of the old guard are replaced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here