Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray off to Reading !!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£1.5m fee. Reading only offering contract for rest of season which is a sticking point apparently

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
£1.5m fee. Reading only offering contract for rest of season which is a sticking point apparently

Seems odd. If you are forking out £1.5 m, why would you only offer that player a short term contract when he could potentially walk away at the end of the season? Reading were meant to be strapped for cash weren't they? Have I missed something?

I've given up trying to reason with logic when it comes to transfers in football these days.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
As much as Glenn was loved and as good as he is at certain things personally can not see where he fits in now.

It always surprises me how much people assume certain players are on our radar.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We're not bringing in anyone else. And anyone who saw Colunga and Baldock play on Saturday will know why. Generally an attacking 'false nine' front three will score for fun*

*create corners for Dunk to convert

If we NEED a hold it up CF then COG is our man but he'll be used on a need to play basis.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From Saturday? 64% possession and 4 shots on target (2 from Dunk).

Over 20 shots from a team that barely knew each other's names. If their keeper hadn't kept out the other two we'd have won 4-2. And I'd rather watch draws like that all season long than the boring dirge we were served up last season.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Over 20 shots from a team that barely knew each other's names. If their keeper hadn't kept out the other two we'd have won 4-2. And I'd rather watch draws like that all season long than the boring dirge we were served up last season.

So would I but that's not what I was suggesting.

We might have a lot of possession and play nice football but if we're not more direct then we will have many more frustrating games like Saturday to look forward to. I know it's early days but my concern from Saturday is that we are easy to shut out at home which has been the pattern for some time now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So would I but that's not what I was suggesting.

We might have a lot of possession and play nice football but if we're not more direct ...... my concern from Saturday is that we are easy to shut out at home which has been the pattern for some time now.

We had TWENTY attempts at goal. We clearly weren't that easy to shut out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here