Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sayings the younger gen don't understand

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Speaking to my brother a few weeks ago and he said he was offered something from his boys (young 20s), he said thanks and said can I have one for Ron and took another. They looked at him in bewildement, conferred with each other for a few minutes and asked in all sincerity 'who the hell is Ron'. He explained Ron means lateR-ON. Of couse they started to laugh and said he was ancient for using that term. I spoke to a few people at work today about this term and people under the age of 40-42ish hadn't a clue what I was talking about either but older people said they used this term back in the day and still do sometimes. One 50ish bloke also said Ron and Tom for lateR-ON and TOM-ORROW. Going the other way sometimes I can't understand youth text speak with abbrevations and cap letters, I have to ask my daughers. What sayings did you use when younger (1970-90s) that the younger gen just don't get?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Please" and "thank you"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughter doesn't believe that the phrase 'punch up the bracket' is a real saying, she thinks i made it up

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm 57 and I've never heard the Ron phrase - does this mean that I'm from the younger generation?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Speaking to my brother a few weeks ago and he said he was offered something from his boys (young 20s), he said thanks and said can I have one for Ron and took another. They looked at him in bewildement, conferred with each other for a few minutes and asked in all sincerity 'who the hell is Ron'. He explained Ron means lateR-ON. Of couse they started to laugh and said he was ancient for using that term. I spoke to a few people at work today about this term and people under the age of 40-42ish hadn't a clue what I was talking about either but older people said they used this term back in the day and still do sometimes. One 50ish bloke also said Ron and Tom for lateR-ON and TOM-ORROW. Going the other way sometimes I can't understand youth text speak with abbrevations and cap letters, I have to ask my daughers. What sayings did you use when younger (1970-90s) that the younger gen just don't get?

" He's two Bob"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here