Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia Joins Watford

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Odds on how long will he last there? Gone by Christmas?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Anyone who boos him or Gus is genuinely mentally retarded.

Exactly what I think. 2 managers who got us to 2 of our highest ever league finishes. Garcia did nothing wrong here, but because he wasn't as in your face as Poyet, fans didn't take to him. For people that think he wasn't passionate, watch the highlights of the Forest game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Garcia yes, he was dignified and respectful to the club and supporters. Gus, well I probably wouldn't boo him but you never know. There are plenty of real or imaginary reasons to boo Poyet.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He's not stupid enough to go and work under that chairman shirley ???
He was stupid enough to return to a place that has thousands of rockets falling on it after declaring previously that it freaked his family out. Leeds and their mad Italian chairman would therefore seem a cakewalk.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

100% agree.

I do hope Oscar doesn't take the Leeds job. A promising career is looking a bit shaky due to a CV that suddenly looks like he gets through clubs rather quickly, and Leeds will be no different. The club is a mess, the chairmen looks like a nightmare, and there MUST be better opportunities out there for him, Watford for a start.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
If he didn't like the player recruitment add strategy here, he will have a nightmare at Leeds

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Feel the same way.

Gus despite leaving under an alleged cloud, gave us some great moments.

Oscar, whilst the football was dreadful, did nothing wrong personally and got us to the play-off's.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I hope he does not go to Leeds. Nothing to with dirty Leeds or the other normal things said against them, it's just that I like Oscar and he seems a nice person, slightly odd decision maker, but nice. The Leeds chairman seems like a nightmare and will most likely stich him up.

I would never boo any of our ex-managers, especially the ones that we had at Withdean, they all work miracles of sorts while we were there.

el punal

I hope not. To try and work with their lunatic owner/chairman/chief executive/team selector and any other title would be madness. For me Oscar always came across as a thoroughly decent and honest person, he does not deserve to be thrust into that pit of vipers.

As a by the by, wasn't he linked with Fulham to be their assistant manager/coach?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I refuse to believe that Oscar is that stupid.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
a manager/coach who doesn't like to get involved in transfer dealings going to a clubs whos chairman wants the coach to manage the team and select the squad while he can take up the transfer dealings.....

sounds an ideal appointment for Leeds.

A poisoned chalice for whoever get the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here