Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is that it for Barnes

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Whilst Ings is undoubtedly the first choice striker, I prefer Barnes to Vokes and I think he'll be with Burnley for a while yet.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
With George Boyd arriving, is that oblivion for Barnsey?

Have you seen them both play? Genuine question.

I can't see that they are even remotely similar options. It's like suggesting that Di Maria is curtains for Van Persie. Barnes (like RvP) may or may not work out going forward, but that isn't the signing that will do it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Judging by his penalty area antics vs. Man Utd he could be decent cover for Tom Heaton.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I can't see that they are even remotely similar options. It's like suggesting that Di Maria is curtains for Van Persie. Barnes (like RvP) may or may not work out going forward, but that isn't the signing that will do it.

This with bells on! Besides, I still find it amusing that after 2.5 years of Brighton fans expecting Barnes to be dropped at every opportunity and shown the door, it's even continuing after he left!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes will get his head down and get on with it whilst drawing a decent wage. I wouldn't write Ashley off he is a determined guy who is nowhere near his peak yet. I am hoping some of our new players have his never say die attitude, I think they may.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I see Burnley have also signed Chalobah who was great at Watford but struggled at Forest and Boro last season. It appears that they haven't signed one single Premier League quality player this window.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They may well need Barnes next season :lol:

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010

Genuine answer! It was just a question!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

I cannot believe you have just compared Barnes with RvP!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This with bells on! Besides, I still find it amusing that after 2.5 years of Brighton fans expecting Barnes to be dropped at every opportunity and shown the door, it's even continuing after he left!

It must really hurt for them that he is in the Premier league as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here