Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia to Watford

WatfordDan

Aug 31, 2014
Alright Brighton fans, Watford fan in peace here....thoughts on Oscar Garcia, he is in talks to be our new boss and apparently our number 1 target and expected to be installed by Thursday.

Whats your thoughts on him?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He'll do well, but you might not enjoy it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He'll do very well for you...Had a poor squad to be fair with limited attacking options.He stated he is obsessed with attacking football and i believe he is,sadly our squad was mostly based around poyet's defensive system and fack loads of injury's.

Cracking bloke and well respected regardless of his sense of humor or lack of it:clap2:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You know how you tend to like fast balls through to Vydra and Deeney?

It won't be that.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Expect him to get your team very organised and robust. Sadly though, his play style is extremely dull. Not many people enjoyed his 60% possession football to create 3 shots on target a game...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Alright Brighton fans, Watford fan in peace here....thoughts on Oscar Garcia, he is in talks to be our new boss and apparently our number 1 target and expected to be installed by Thursday.

Whats your thoughts on him?

Hello and welcome-I think he was a ghost of his potential here,sometimes it just does not work out for a person,they move on and flourish,talked a good game on arrival,proved otherwise,culminating in abject failure to change things in the 2nd leg of our Play off tactically-

However secured play off's and my only question would be how would he have fared with our new squad with players perhaps more suited to his beliefs-

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Two new songs for you.....one repeating his name and one about a drink consisting of wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener and a small amount of added brandy. You can have them gratis, enjoy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If you enjoy fast paced attacking football prepare to be disappointed.
That's nonsense....Did you not see our snail paced squad last season?
He's not stupid and he knew what he wanted,but was given obika and co:)

Do you honestly believe garcia would rave about playing attacking football and then play defensive football for a reason?
We didn't have the players to play his way,that's just the way it was and he still got us 6th :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you like 11 Ray Wilkins grinding out 1-0 wins for one season, and one season only he's your man :thumbsup:

Don't expect to do any business on transfer deadline day.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Hands in pockets, staring at his loafers, while his side labors with a lack of pace or creativity.

Dull and negative football.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
He performed a miracle getting our team to the play-off's.
I met him a couple of times and he is a most amicable bloke you could meet. He always has time for you even on match day.
He realised what our strength and weaknesses were and made us a team that was hard to beat (best defensive team) and relying on Ulloa to score any chances we might scrape.
Hence we were better away than home.
Last season we did not invest but sold players.
Would highly recommend him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Might do well - he came here saying he was obsessed with attacking football and despite us getting to the play offs, bored many of us to tears throughout the season with his tactics. I'll be interested to see how he does for you, I'm not sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here