Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beppe Sannino resigns as Watford Head Coach

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Could be off to Leeds? Surely Watford are a better prospect at present. That can be the only reason I can see, unless there's been a huge fall out there. My apologies if this is fixtures. I've only just turned on SSN and it was up as breaking news.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know he has just signed sa four year contract, but could it be a falling out over Deeney leaving?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Deeney situation might be a factor - but equally there was a lot of speculation that Sannini lost the dressing room a couple of weeks ago. Lloyd Dyer had a very public on pitch spat with Sannini which supposedly stemmed from the problems behind the scenes. Could be player power at work here.

They've done some decent transfer business and are showing good form so makes sense to move the manager before the wheels come off and ruins their season. Maybe they've found a useful way out of their predicament?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Oscar would get a nose bleed given how fast Watford like to move the ball forward to Vydra and Deeney.

Would be interesting to see how that might work out. I suspect Oscar's formation and tactics would nullify their threat, maybe that's a good reason to hope it happens!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A glance at the Watford forum.suggests the local press there broke the story of disquiet a couple of weeks back and were shouted down

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play to the Watford Observer, they have been all over this. Called it two weeks ago that the player unrest went way beyond that one Lloyd Dyer 'celebration'; went a lot further saying Sannino's future was in serious doubt after an interview with him, and kept the pressure up with something clearly going on in the background.

From Aug 20

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11422971.sannino_s_watford_reign_in_serious_doubt/

Quality journalism when they knew it would upset the club they have to work with - but officials just couldn't suppress it, because it was true.

Sannino actually went into that Leeds match eight days ago more at risk than Hockaday. Now they're both gone.

Some of those managers out of work should walk over glass for that job, they have an automatic-promotion winning squad as long as they don't lose too much ground in the next month.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Some Watford fans claim that OG was at their game yesterday .
Also saying mind .

Yep, one of my best mates is a Watford fan and I was out on the beers with him last night and he also mentioned that Oscar was indeed at Vicarage Road.

If he gets the job it will be interesting to see how it goes for him there.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here